PDA

View Full Version : I need help

I need help

Sarah the Snake
05-08-2002, 05:21 PM
I really need some help! I bred my 13+ yr. old female with a 2+ yr. old male on 3/29/02. So far, I don't have any eggs! WAH! What did I do wrong? I really need some help here! :confused:

bizzy
05-08-2002, 07:39 PM
From what I have read it can take 30-45 days after breeding for a female to lay her eggs, you are still within that time frame. You should be able to feel the eggs in her as she slithers over your hand...or maybe it just didn't take this time.

Susan
05-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Has she shed yet? Is she set up alone with a nice nest box? Give her some time yet. I finally gave up on one of my females. I witness her being bred twice, 3 days apart. Her due date was 4/10. She never laid a thing, not even slugs. I've put her back with the male to try again. Maybe this time I'll get something. No one said that breeding corn snakes was a sure thing!

Sarah the Snake
05-10-2002, 10:11 PM
I bred her again last night. She is w/a nest box. No, she has not shed yet. Please don't tell me my only female of breeding age is a dud!!!:(

Iris
05-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Be patient and if she hasn't become gravid yet, you still haven't missed your chance. Keep putting them together about twice a week and see what happens.