PDA

View Full Version : Im having shedding issues (maybe)

Im having shedding issues (maybe)

rip_tupac
10-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Well he shed about 3 days after I got him but I only found his head and tail skin. What happened to everything in between? Did he for sure shed it because I cant find it. (He has aspen)
Im hoping that the rest is somewhere but I think its wierd that he shed 3 days after I got him considering he's still undergoing relocation stress. (I got him a week ago) I have tried to feed him yesterday (frozen rat) but he didnt take it (Its for sure because he ate live his whole life, I just wanted to try)

If I didnt give enough info about him just tell me.
Thanks guys!

Rich in KY
10-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Is this your big albino corn?

It would be odd for him to shed his head and tail pieces and nothing between. Pick him up and look closely. Look around the head and tail areas. You should be able to see little "frayed" ends sticking off him if their is still unshed skin on him. Also, make sure you go through all his aspen. Many corns will shed under it.

MO, CORNFED
10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
He could have been in in the shed process when you got him, or at the end of his shed. Was you kind of pail colored him you got him? or maybe like my BP it shed everything else at the other place and then still had head and tail to go.

rip_tupac
10-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah its my snow that I have in my picture. I remember it looked like a few of his scales were sticking out when I got him but now they look fine. Ill search again but for now I just see tiny pieces of shed. My old BP used to shed different parts at a time.

Sanebedlam
10-27-2007, 05:33 PM
if that snake isn't huge a rat may be a little big for it.

Nanci
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
My tri-color hoggy sheds under the aspen in little shards. Even when he has a moist hide. I find pieces of his skin all the time. I just check him over carefully when he's done.

Nanci

rip_tupac
10-27-2007, 09:24 PM
if that snake isn't huge a rat may be a little big for it.

Trust me he's huge!

I went looking for the rest of his shed and i just found a bunch of small pieces. Not big pieces and maybe like 8-9 of them. I could tell he fully shed his head and tail (100% sure).

rip_tupac
10-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Here are some pics of the shed I found:

http://i22.tinypic.com/357n90y.jpg

Nanci
10-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Yeah, next time you could mist his viv when he's in blue, and cover it with plastic wrap (with the edges open for ventilaiton). Or make him a moist hide.

Nanci

rip_tupac
11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah I made him a moist hide and guess what...he shed in one full piece!!! I watched him do it too :)

The weird thing tho is that he shed his head in tail too! Im totally confused!

tom e
11-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Hmmm, well that might have been the remains of an older shed that didn't come off before?
Anyway alls well that ends well, sounds like he's def. fresh shed now!

rip_tupac
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I thought about that but its weird because I saw a bunch of freshly shed skin in his water bowl and two pieces on the top of the aspen.