PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need some advice.

Ok, I need some advice.

Random8A
11-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I just recently bought a little Butter Motley from a breeder about a month ago. ( give or take a few days ) I have tried EVERY trick in the book, and NOTHING works. The breeder told me I could send him back, but I just feel like there is something more I can do. I've tried:
De-heading
Braining
Washing
Boiling
Senting
Leaving him in the dark with pink
Feeding at night.
Live
Mouse in the hole trick
Not touching him for atleast 2 days in advance to feeding
Putting mesh screen down on top of the bedding, and feeding him in the tank.

His temps are 74 on the cool side/83 on the basking side.
He has a UTH I checked the temps for that its perfect.
Night temps are around 70 and 65. Never drop below 65.

I really dont know what else to do. I can force feed, and I did force feed my Ball Python for months, until he just recently grabbed up his F/T prey (*THANK GOD*) I was so pleased!!

Anyway, if anyone else has an opinion,or a wise word please let me know!

Thank You.

zwyatt
11-02-2007, 06:42 PM
How often are you offering food?

Random8A
11-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Sorry forgot to include that.

I've tried every 5 days.

But most of the stuff like the braining/deheading/washing. I've tried all at once. I washed the pink offered it to him, I then headed it and brained it for him.

The other stuff like, leaving it over night and the mouse in the hole trick I tried 5 days later. Placed the pink in the container I was using, and tried it during the night.

Live I tried on its own, he didnt even show any type of intrest.

Then I didnt touch him for 2-3 days in advance to feeding him, put the mesh in two days in advance, because I didnt want to stress him out, and put the sented pink in the tank with him. No intrest again.

Then just this last time I tried the mesh again, with the boiled pink.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Thanks.

starsevol
11-02-2007, 06:54 PM
There is also chicken scenting, chicken itself and tuna scenting, and anole scenting or an anole itself.

Random8A
11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
This Anole being live or F/T and a whole Anole?

Thank you again!

starsevol
11-02-2007, 07:06 PM
All of the above :)

Good Luck!

Random8A
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you very much for the great advice and quick responses!

~Thanks~

starsevol
11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I hope it works out ok. Worst comes to worst, consider an abbreviated brumation. They usually wake up eating like a lumberjack!

Random8A
11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Aweseom, I will keep everyone updated :)

Random8A
11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Awesome* sorry had to correct that. :)

CALIVIK
11-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Awww I hope something works for you soon! I had to dangle a live pink in order to get my new baby Banded Cali King to eat & it was tough! Broke my hrt, but he finally ate after 16days. I even put the live pink in w/ him & he ran off 3 times then I dangled...ugh this was just a couple of days ago. I like you tried everything. Keep us updated, thinking of you! :)

jmksnakes
11-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I would definitely try the chicken skin idea. Wrap a frozen pinkie in raw chicken skin and let it thaw in a plastic bag, when you're ready to feed, place the plastic bag in hot water to warm it up... and then presto!

One of my hatchlings this year went two months without a single meal, and I had tried everything... then when I tried this method, it ate immediately! Maybe it's coincidence, but either way it worked! LOL

Nanci
11-03-2007, 10:20 AM
This is going to sound weird, but I've heard two or three people say a long car ride gets them to eat. One of those people was a _big_ breeder, driving down to Daytona. Doesn't hurt to try.

Nanci