PDA

View Full Version : Snake still looks full

Snake still looks full

Pretty1234me
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey guys,

I fed my baby cornsnake her second corn snake (ever) 5 days ago. Last night I was looking at her and noticed that her tummy was still a little bit big from her previous meal so I didn't feed her. I would like to feed her today (but haven't yet checked to see if she still looks a bit full). If she still "looks a bit full" should I go ahead and feed her to meet the 4-5 day commitment? or should I wait another day? Please help!

Thank You

Rich in KY
11-06-2007, 11:26 AM
What are you feeding her? What size?

Does she have a warm place to lay on to aid in digestion?

Could it be that the "full" look is from having to poo instead of still digesting?

Having asked those questions, it is not gonna harm her to wait another day.

MerlinsPop
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey guys,

I fed my baby cornsnake her second corn snake (ever) 5 days ago. Please help!

Thank You

There's your problem!! Try feeding her a pinky instead. :sidestep:

Seriously... I second Rich's comments. Make sure she's got enough warmth to digest and you can always wait another day. If you feed to quickly and end up with a regurge (like me :uhoh:), they you'll have to wait another 10 days to feed, so waiting an extra one day just to be sure is the better bet all around.

Pretty1234me
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Im sorry.. I meant second Pinkie

Pretty1234me
11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
What are you feeding her? What size?

Does she have a warm place to lay on to aid in digestion?

Could it be that the "full" look is from having to poo instead of still digesting?

Having asked those questions, it is not gonna harm her to wait another day.

I am feeding her one-day old pinkies (fairly small). Most of the time she prefers to stay on the warmer side of her viv but since her last feed she was on the warm (80-85 degrees) end for one night and the last 4 days shes been hiding in her coconut on the cooler end (between 75-78 degrees). She has places to hide on both ends. It could very well be that she may need to poo.but I'm not sure...she has pood once (that I noticed) since her last feed, so maybe she needs to go again. I think I will wait another day. I just want to make sure that I am taking care of her properly. When I go home, I will take some pictures of her to help clarify what I am seeing.

mele2511
11-07-2007, 07:25 AM
If it is that it needs a poo, put your snake in the bath with half ince of luke warm water and let it have a swim. This will generaly make them poo.

toyah
11-07-2007, 07:51 AM
The bump from feeding a pinky should disappear in a day or two - if it's still there, I would hold off feeding her.

Is she due to shed? I've found sometimes with babies, if they are fed and go into shed, they don't digest as fast as they should, and occasionally end up regurging.

Pretty1234me
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
The bump from feeding a pinky should disappear in a day or two - if it's still there, I would hold off feeding her.

Is she due to shed? I've found sometimes with babies, if they are fed and go into shed, they don't digest as fast as they should, and occasionally end up regurging.

I am so glad you mentioned this because last night when I got home I noticed that her eyes were cloudy and her skin looked pale..this morning I took a peek at her and her eyes were completey cloudy/blue. I will wait for her to shed and the feed her as soon as she's done! Thank You!

MerlinsPop
11-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I am so glad you mentioned this because last night when I got home I noticed that her eyes were cloudy and her skin looked pale..this morning I took a peek at her and her eyes were completey cloudy/blue. I will wait for her to shed and the feed her as soon as she's done! Thank You!
They are often fairly eager eaters right after a shed, too, so that'll help.

Pretty1234me
11-10-2007, 01:51 PM
They are often fairly eager eaters right after a shed, too, so that'll help.

Absolutely no worries! I knew you were kidding. To my suprise, I read my comments a few times before I sent it...and still never caught it *lol*