PDA

View Full Version : where to keep food

where to keep food

paullfc
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I want to buy frozen Mice in bulk say 100 at a time but my mum and dad dont want me to keep them in the freezer with the fod is there a mini freezer like the little beer fridges available in the UK and where do you keep your snake's food

MooreSnakes
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I haven't been able to find a mini freezer, and i've wanted one for a long time

My parents finally let me keep the frozen mice in the main freezer but I have to triple bag them and they have their own seperate row:shrugs:

Ohana
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I just put mine in my freezer on the door.

jazzgeek
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Some "qualifiers" are in order.

If you only own one snake, and if it's not full grown yet, buying a lot of 100 feeders may not be the most economical thing to do. As you bump up in feeder size as the snake grows, you'll find you won't be using 100 fuzzies, for example. And you'd be depriving the snake if you insisted on using up a large bag of feeders, feeding multiple offerings to "make up" for the size difference.

In this light, I can't respond without knowing the "background" information.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I just want to give you a "heads up".

Of course, you can always get some more snakes to make up for the difference as well. ;)

regards,
jazz

Snake Dave
11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah Jazz is right mate, if you have just the one Corn, it'll be a waste of money to order them in bulk.

Also, I'm sure your parents would rather 10 mice in their freezer as opposed to 100 lol. If you buy roughly 10 at a time from your local shop, then you can keep them in a little tupperware box with a plastic bag inside. Also, the costs of mice + delivery when you're ordering the minimal amount works out to be more than what it would be from your local shop.

Hope that helps

David