PDA

View Full Version : Feeding 2 at once?

Feeding 2 at once?

flick
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
My snake is 2 1/2 years old 46 inches and 206.9g. I looked at the feeding sample plan which said to feed an adult mouse 24-30g every 7 days. I can't seem to find mice that big at any store.They are all weighing in between 15 and 20g. Can I feed two mice with a total weight between 24-30g? Would I put them in at the same time? or should I try to order a larger size in a larger quantity online.(will frozen mice keep?)

beaniebopps
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi there, either will do. Frozen mice will keep a long time as long as they are still frozen when you receive them. However, you could also feed 2. If you are going to do this its usually done by feeding one, waiting till its been eaten, and then offering the next. I think anyway haha, I have never done it myself :)

mike17l
11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I always try to get the best bang for my buck. Get feeder that is the cheapest per gram. If the is two small ones, or one large one. If a snake is that size adn you have no intintion of breeding, you could cut back feeding to every other week.

diamondlil
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I've fed more than 1 item to make up the weight before, I just wait until the first item has been swallowed and the snake has re-set its jaw and is cruising the feeding tub, then offer the second item

Rich in KY
11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Can I feed two mice with a total weight between 24-30g?

Absolutely :)

Would I put them in at the same time?

You will have to figure that out. I have had snakes who will go from one mouse to the other with no problems. I have also had snakes that I had to wait til they were done eating one mouse before I put in the other.

should I try to order a larger size in a larger quantity online.(will frozen mice keep?)

Other than breeding your own mice, this is the most economical way to buy mice. They will keep for several months in the freezer.

4drbeemer
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
who would you order them from?

Rich in KY
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
who would you order them from?

I order from The Mouse Factory. Others also use RodentPro.