PDA

View Full Version : Corn with inpacted Bum!!!

Corn with inpacted Bum!!!

pleco-nation
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi need a little help I have a small corn that has regurgitated last two feedings and now today i notice that his buttocks is hard and crusty I am soaking him right now in luke warm water!! I used to keep them on aspen shavings but tonight I have switched to paper towel!! I had a mite pro two months ago and want to keep a closer eye on my collection!
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APRECIATED!!!thanks T.R

pleco-nation
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
thanks everyone for the help!!!:grabbit:

MegF.
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I would suggest a vet. Impaction combined with regurgitation sounds like something serious. That coupled with the fact you had mites as well. Soaking should help, but you definitely have something going on that needs to be looked at.

pleco-nation
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
thaks MegF I was thinking the samething going to see one tomarrow! There are not many vets around here but I will have to find one!!!

MegF.
11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Good luck to you. Let us know what happens. Did the soaking seem to help at all?

pgr8dnlvr
11-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Holy smokes! What the heck is going on?!?!? What has happened?

What were the circumstances of the regurges?

Ie. were they larger than usual food items?

Were there any changes in the temperatures? <ie. do you have them on thermostats with digital thermometers so you know the exact digesting temps.?

Did you try and handle or disturb them less than two days after they ate?

Are they all being kept individually?

How fresh are the pinks that you have been feeding <ie. less than 3 months of being frozen?>

Have you been doing the proper post regurge methods before trying to feed again? Ie, wait time to next feed, smaller food item than normal, pro biotics? Grape seed extract?

Now some other things I'm wondering, which snakes did you have mites turn up first from?!? Have you nailed down the source? If you need help with mites, I know the recipe and instructions for the Nix method.

Lastly if you still haven't found a reptile vet let me know, and I will talk to Dr. Sharon Prus to see who is the closest person to you who can help.

Please tell me that the snake in trouble isn't one you got from me?!?

Talk to you soon,
Rebecca

pleco-nation
11-10-2007, 01:48 AM
No rebecca it was a snake I took on from a friend who bought it on an inpulse buy from a shay petstore and I got it already sick and was in the quarantine room But alas the little snake passed away this morning! the soaking help relive the little guy and was a little more active! but got up this morning hand had passed in the night!!
to answer Rebecca's questions!
1 - I think it was not cared for at the shop before the person bought it!
2 - eat only 1 small pinky at two seperat feedings!
3 - as for heating stayed the same, but caint vouch for the store!
4 - I am not a fan of handleing my snakes so do it only to clean the homes out!
5 - all my snakes have been kept seperatly! but alas most petstores dont!
6 - normally wait one to two weeks before refeeding a snake!
6 - as for mites I have not seen any in a few mounths but I do daily inspections of all my snakes and there surounding area! they came from a local pet shop where i got my Blood!

going to visit this place and see if I caint figure out what really happend! I have hered a few other bad stories from this place maybe I can give some helpful hints!! So no more corns end up in this condition! I think this condition is a result of the store not the person who gave me the snake to try and help but I still have a few more questions to ask him!
thanks again MegF and rebecca rest ashured all your snakes are doing great especially that LOL mean Silver Queen female who thinks she is a cobra not a corn!!!:eek1:

Pretty1234me
11-10-2007, 02:13 AM
how unfortunate :(. I'm glad the bath help make him more comfortable.

MegF.
11-10-2007, 05:08 AM
I'm thinking if people stopped buying snakes from them, they wouldn't carry them any more. Therfore saving future ones. I'm sorry for your loss. Even though the little one wasn't healthy, it doesn't change a thing. You want it to get better under your care.

CornNoobie
11-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss :(

pleco-nation
11-10-2007, 09:23 AM
thanks everyone Little guy was a nice little snake its amazing how they work there way into your heart evan the sick ones!!!!

Rich in KY
11-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I am sorry for your loss :awcrap:

pgr8dnlvr
11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh man, that sucks. Well, if you need help in the future trying to get things under control, advice, etc. I'm around! I'm pretty darn easy to reach via e mail or phone ;)

Perhaps could you pm me the name of the shop?

Thanks,
Rebecca

ps- so sorry that little guy died even though you tried so hard. It kinda makes you feel bad, when often you should feel proud that you tried to help!

pleco-nation
11-10-2007, 07:29 PM
thanks rich and rebcca!
I normaly have had better luck with sick snakes when I kept ball pythons ten years ago most of the balls around here were still wild caught and most wouldnt eat or they would have mouth rot wich I cured in most cases!!! At that time I seemed to adopt alot of balls! It was in snake at that time!:shrugs:
rebecca that Miami is one of the nicest snakes I have ever seen!!! the Phantom is like the silver queen but not as bad that silver queen I swear thinks she is a cober LOL always ready to strike!:bang: