PDA

View Full Version : 3 Birds with one Stone. *Pics* in this post

3 Birds with one Stone. *Pics* in this post

Pretty1234me
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
:confused: *lesson learned: inspect meal prior to feeding*.
I fed Bella a large pinky the night before last (she shed that morning). I warmed the pinky; cut the petco packet open, dropped the pinky onto 3 layes of paper towel; noticed it to be a larger than normal; thought to cut it in half; reached for knife; in the mean time, Bella slithers to her pinky and goes right at it; I decide not to pull the pinky away from Bella; and nervously watched her eat her rather large pinky:uhoh:.

When she was finished, I picked up the paper towels with Bella on it and placed them back in her viv..she slithers off ...and directs herself to her coconut (warm side); i remove paper towels; then 5 minutes later, Bella slithers to her hide on the cooler side (she's done this everytime i've fed her).
[1 st question] My worry is..should I have taken the pinky away from her because this pinky was more than 1.5X her midsection...? I shouldn't have kept her around her meal when I dropped it out of the bag. I just assumed that the pinky would be small like the rest (obviously not the case this time) I am hoping that she will be ok and will not regurge (she seems fine for now). I will wait a few extra days before I feed her. Usually its been 4 days..I will wait a week or maybe less depending on how quickly she digests this meal.

2nd question: Is it ok that she's on the cooler end of her viv after eating? Temp 75 degrees...the warm side is 85 this morning..

3rd question: I believe that she is a normal? Can anyone confirm?

Here are Pics of my ridiculously full beauty.
Pic 1: Bella moving around in dirt about 10 minutes before she shed
Pic 2: Bellas 1st shed with me
Pic 3: Bella's favorite hide is underneath her hide (on the cool end after her meal)
Pic 4: Bella herself....full as ever this morning (I feel so bad)

Rich in KY
11-17-2007, 04:02 PM
1. As you have learned, it is best to check the meal before offering it. I think she will be fine. Just give her a couple of extra days before feeding again. Make sure not to handle her while she is digesting.

2. As long as she has a warm and cool side to choose from, she will regulate her temps as she needs.

3. She looks like a normal to me.

hayley13
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
what a fabulous looking snake!!!!!!!!!!

Cat_Eyed_Lady
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
she looks like a normal to me as well :)

she should be fine but as Rich said.. give an extra day before handleing and also give about 2 days extra before feeding again :)

also, on the shed... I noticed the tale tip was missing... after a few days you may wish to check her over to make sure she doesnt still have it on :)

Pretty1234me
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
she looks like a normal to me as well :)

she should be fine but as Rich said.. give an extra day before handleing and also give about 2 days extra before feeding again :)

also, on the shed... I noticed the tale tip was missing... after a few days you may wish to check her over to make sure she doesnt still have it on :)

Yep I noticed that too. I checked her tail and brushed a wet paper towel on her tail and the little end intantaneously came off.

Pretty1234me
11-17-2007, 04:17 PM
1. As you have learned, it is best to check the meal before offering it. I think she will be fine. Just give her a couple of extra days before feeding again. Make sure not to handle her while she is digesting.

2. As long as she has a warm and cool side to choose from, she will regulate her temps as she needs.

3. She looks like a normal to me.

Thanks Rich.. I won't be doing that again. I definitely won't handle her. I'll leave her be untill she's done digesting.

RavenSpirit360
11-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I think she will be fine :) She looks to be a pretty normal..

Pretty1234me
11-18-2007, 02:14 AM
I think she will be fine :) She looks to be a pretty normal..

:) I think she will be fine to.

Pretty1234me
11-18-2007, 02:14 AM
what a fabulous looking snake!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!! she soooooooooo is!

wax32
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Bella looks like she is about to shed again. :D