PDA

View Full Version : shedding?

shedding?

xtreme92
11-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Hey guys i have my first snake and ive had him for about 17 days. I have feed him about 3 times once every 5 days and i was wondering if he was gonna shed sone. He doesnt have any sinds of blue or whatever its called but im just wondering when should i expect to get a shed. thanks

diamondlil
11-20-2007, 04:53 AM
Generally when hatchlings are growing they shed around once a month, so it'll depend on when his last shed was

Rich in KY
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Sometimes on the amel snakes, it may be hard to notice the signs of the snake being in blue. Like Janine said, it should shed about every 4 weeks, so it is only a matter of time before your snake sheds.

Ohana
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
With the amels or other light colored snakes it is difficult to notice the blueing at first. But you will notice a bit of a haze over the eyes, it is more noticeable in pictures. I would imagine you are getting close though.

I have had my young amel for three weeks now and she had her first shed 1 week prior to my getting her. She has eaten 4 times total in life and I image I will get a shed in the next week or two.

newsnakeowner1978
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
My snake sheds every 1 month and 12 days. been on that schedule since i got him in may. but all snakes are different.