PDA

View Full Version : Bella Regurged

Bella Regurged

Pretty1234me
11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
What I feared has come true. Bella regurged sometime today. I came home and checked up on her only to see in her place an odd..looking white shiny/minimally shiny ovalish thing..with no detected odor. I assumed it to be regurge because this morning before I left, Bella was still looking full (her stomach was much smaller than before) and when I checked on her today she was no longer full. She spent the last 5 days on the cooler side of her viv and now she is on the warm end. From what I can see, she looks alright, but I will leave her alone for the next couple of days and observe her behavior. Hopefully she'll be ready to eat in about a week to ten days.

OMG>>>please learn from my mistake..NEVER feed your snake a meal that is too large! Inspect your meal first to make sure that it's not too big. :(

bekers71
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Considering you know the reason for her regurge the good news is you know she didn't do it because she was sick. :) It was only because the meal was too big. And at least it was an accident, not like you fed her that on purpose. I am sure she will be just fine in a couple days. I had one I did that too once. I thought the meal was right size but realized too late it was a bit too big. He gave it back a couple days later. ewwww! And this one did smell really bad. But afer a week he was fine and ate with no problems. Oh and I saw your pic of her and she is really pretty.

Rich in KY
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I came home and checked up on her only to see in her place an odd..looking white shiny/minimally shiny ovalish thing..with no detected odor.

No odor would suggest that it is not a regurge. Regurges are usually gonna have a very rank smell. I think what you found is Bella poo!:dancer:

kathylove
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes, after 5 days, the odor would be very sour / sweet / disgusting. Was the white oval thing kind of chalky looking? If so, it might be the urates (solid urine) instead of regurge.

Pretty1234me
11-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh Poo? Urine?

There was definitely no odor from what I could tell but I also didn't make huge efforts in smelling it... Is is then possible for my snake to look full because or poo? or urates? Im not sure if it was chalky..it was one very neat piece of something. To be honest, it didn't look like a or pinky remains but I hadn't a clue what else it could have been...so I jumped to panic mode! I'm going to do some reading on urates and corn poo to see if I can get maybe some pictures (it'll be worth it in the end, lol) so it will be easier for me to identify it in the future.

Thank You guys! As always, I appreciate your thoughts and advice (milking it up here!)

Rich in KY
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
You usually won't have to try to smell a regurge. It stinks so bad you usually can't help but to smell it. Just imagine something partially digested after a few days.

Yes, when a snake is ready to poo, you will sometimes notice "swelling" around or near the vent. Since yours ate such a big meal last time, I am sure it was quite noticeable.

Pretty1234me
11-21-2007, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=
Yes, when a snake is ready to poo, you will sometimes notice "swelling" around or near the vent. Since yours ate such a big meal last time, I am sure it was quite noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Ahh! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a regurge now. I've been reading some other snake forums on passing urates and I'm pretty certain that this is what I interpreted to be regurge. *Sigh* I'm feeling much better now. I just checked up on Bella and she's out and about! :)

Pretty1234me
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=
Yes, when a snake is ready to poo, you will sometimes notice "swelling" around or near the vent. Since yours ate such a big meal last time, I am sure it was quite noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Ahh! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a regurge now. I've been reading some other snake forums on passing urates and I'm pretty certain that this is what I interpreted to be regurge. *Sigh* I'm feeling much better now. I just checked up on Bella and she's out and about! :)

CALIVIK
11-21-2007, 05:06 AM
I know now when mine need to go by the swelling & I usually put them in grass to stimulate them to go. IT WORKS! *thanks Meg*!

Don't feel bad I had to learn the hard way too. Its frustrating when they regurge. I'm sorry & hope Bella is getting better. :)