PDA

View Full Version : shrunken eggs

shrunken eggs

corn on the cob
05-15-2003, 05:58 PM
I've only been keeping corns for about a year now and one of my "males" laid 14 eggs. By the time i built an incubater, some of the outer eggs had shrunk in on themselves. I've studied all the advise given on this site and am now hoping for the best. Although I think I now what the answer is before I ask, what are the chances of these eggs surviving? I think some of the bottom eggs are still quite full looking but i was in such a state i didn't look properly. They are now in a plastic tub on vermiculite in an incubater and although the temp is 28ish,there dosen't seem to be enough humidity in the tub? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Worried 1st time parent! :(

herphunter
05-15-2003, 06:10 PM
i am new at corns,but ive been working with them for about 3 years,this is my first year breeding though:) today my female layed 25eggs,with 2 more still in her belly. the only advice i can think to give you is,to bury the eggs half way,then put a moist(not soaked)piece of paper towel over the top. this is suppostd to be a good way to fix dehydrated eggs:)

Matt L
05-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I've only been keeping corns for about a year now and one of my "males" laid 14 eggs.

I'm hoping this is sarcasim--as males will never lay eggs.

anyway don't drown the eggs, but most eggs can be revived with additional moisture. If they are completely dried out there is not much hope for them.

corn on the cob
05-16-2003, 11:07 AM
thanks for your quick response guys.The male gag was definatly sarcasm.At least I know there true sex now.Excuse the ignorance, but can females lay eggs without being fertilized like say chickens? If the question is too stupid ,don't bother answering. thanks again, Mick

CowBoyWay
05-16-2003, 01:39 PM
This has been a test of the Emergency broadcast system,
had this been a real emergency...
We now return you to the actual forums....;)

Welcome to the CORNSNAKES.COM forums:), your question will get much more exposure posted over in the breeding forum. :)

CAV
05-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Now THAT is funny. If you don't think THAT is funny, there is something wrong with you!

:D :D