PDA

View Full Version : pinkies vs fuzzies

pinkies vs fuzzies

kevo26
05-16-2003, 07:28 PM
what has more nurition a pinkie or a fuzzie? i would please like to know because i am about to switch my snakes from pinkies to fuzzies.:cool:

CAV
05-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Although I have no scientific data to back it up, I vote fuzzy. I base this purely on the observation of the results within my own collection.

kevo26
05-16-2003, 10:07 PM
did they grow faster or gain more weight?

13mur 6
05-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Fuzzies definately have more nutritional value because they have more developed skeletons (more calcium), and more muscle than a pinkie would have (more protein).

However, pinkies are digested MUCH faster (they're easier to digest because they're mainly fatty stuff with nothing hard to digest, sorta like a McDonalds hamburger).

If I were you, I'd just stick to what your snake can handle properly, don't rush growth by over feeding or you'll end up with a dwarfed snake from regurges.

-13mur 6

CAV
05-16-2003, 11:27 PM
kevo,

Yes, there was a noticiable change in growth once the switch was made. I agree with the last post, only switch if your snake can handle the large food item.

CowBoyWay
05-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Fuzzies definately have more nutritional value because they have more developed skeletons (more calcium), and more muscle than a pinkie would have (more protein).

There is also more caloric energy from a fuzzy, gram for gram, due to some naturally occuring fat content of the more developed mouse.
:)

Fattens them little piggies right up;)
:D

shane.N
05-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I couldn't believe how quickly mine started growing once i moved up to fuzzies. they seem to be on pinkies forever,but after a month or so on fuzzies they were ready to move up to small mice.

QuickSilver
05-18-2003, 12:11 AM
We switched our 02 guy to a fuzzie today because he was up to 3 pinkies and the opinion here from herpers with much more experience that I seemed to be that he should be ready to move up and nutritionally it seemed like the best choice. However, he had such a struggle getting the fuzzie down. He appeared to be stretched to his limit! (I realize I may be overreacting :eek: ). I am really afraid he might regurge. I think we'll stick with pinkies for another shed cycle.

kenalotia
05-18-2003, 01:34 PM
If he regurges, then indeed you should go back down to pinkies, after at least a 7 day wait. Otherwise, though, you might just try asking for *small* fuzzies when you go to the store. If it makes you nervous to watch him eat his meal, you can go away and return when it is just a nice lump in his tummy. :) Because, really, if your corn is eating 3 pinkies, I refuse to believe that he is not ready to eat a fuzzy.

Michael
05-18-2003, 05:24 PM
While were on the subject how much should an adult corn eat?