PDA

View Full Version : Concerned, my corn ate a piece of wood

Concerned, my corn ate a piece of wood

spike4d
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Im concerned over my pet corn. I took it out of the tank it lives in and put it into the tub where i feed it. Anyway it took the first pinkie fine, the problem occured when i fed him the second. He was taking a while to take it and i kinda lost concentration when all if a sudden he struck, some reason made me flinch and i knocked the box to the ground and the snake with. My corn was fine and still had hold of the mouse but the mose had pick up a small splinter from the ground. Despite my efforts to get rid of the small piece of wood my corn swallowed it. Should i be worried by this as it looked a bit sharp? Are they able to digest wood? Bit concerned so any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Rich in KY
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
How big is the splinter? What type of wood?

He probably won't be able to digest it, but he may be able to pass it. Watch him closely for any signs of him getting impacted or for any problem from eating the wood. Have a vet in mind if a trip becomes necessary.

spike4d
11-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks mate. The spinter was about the same with as his mouth (about a cm) i have no idea what type of wood it was just a random piece from the ground. Il leave him be overnight see how he is in the mornin. Any idea what kind of signs i should be lookin for? how long will it take to pass?

Rich in KY
11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Watch for any unusual bumps or lumps. Also keep an close eye on his vent.

I am not sure how long it will take to pass. Just take a look at his next few poos.

For future reference, pour water on it to wash the splinter off. I have had this happen before.