• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Outside photography?

jaimbabe

Still Learning...
This isn't so much about photography I guess, but about the behavior of the snake being photographed. I notice that almost everyone has pictures of there snakes roaming the grass outside or in trees or something while being photographed. Isn't anyone worried about the snake getting away? My baby corn (5 months) is so quick and squirmy that I wont let him anywhere near out of my hands for fear I'll lose him forever! Do they get slower as adults? Or is everyone just ready to catch them if they run?! Just curious...cause eventually I'd like to take some of those pictures myself!

You have to be very careful when photographing outside. The snakes are fast, but you should be able to catch them if they don't get under something or in a bunch of ground cover. Just make sure you are in the open and aware of where the snake is at all times when you decide to try to photograph your snake outside.

I would never trust a hatchling outside, but when they are older they easier to catch if they try to get away. Plus they do seem to be quite a bit slower (or maybe calmer) when they are adults. ;)

---Kenny

Even with my smallest snakes - when I put them in a branch outside - most tend to be slow in checking out the new surroundings. A lot of them will just sit in one place and "taste" everything. I don't know if it is the openness or just the new sights and smells - but it seems my larger corns are the ones that want to get away (since they have had many photos ops in the branch is isn't "new" to them anymore possibly?).

Back