PDA

View Full Version : Respitory Infection? - please help

Respitory Infection? - please help

BabyMowgli
12-02-2007, 12:36 AM
My snake, who happens to be a ball pyhton, (but I don't know who else to ask or trust besides this board :shrugs: ) is wheezing when she breaths. I am affraid that she might have a RI.

She hasn't eaten in about 2 months and her temps have stayed fairly stable. The temp in my room as dropped as I live in MN where is is already in the negative digits, but I added another small heat pad and she has a heat lamp during the day.

I had her out today and she headed for her favorite spot, my neck, and I could her her wheeze when she breathed. i then put her back in her cage and coverd the screen part with blaknet to keep in more heat and I could still hear her wheezing. I don't notice anything different with her. She has lost some weight, but I don't have a scale so I can't be sure. She spends most of her time day or night, on her warm side hide.

any advice is appreciated. she is my favorite baby girl and I want her to be ok. We don't really have a herp vet that I would trust in my small town here.

enigma
12-02-2007, 05:40 AM
hi there! what is the exact room temp and hot spot temp in her tub/viv. i would up her temps, depending on what they are already, lower humidity, and get her asap to a vet. isolate her from all your other snakes, and dont use any of the things you use for her on the rest until you know for sure. some have a wee wheeze when they are about to shed, but if you night time temps have dropped dramatically i would get vet to look at her. if it is an ri she will need antibiotics.

mele2511
12-04-2007, 07:08 AM
There is nothing else that we can really sugest. Your snake needs antibiotics ASAP