PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice possible R I

i need some advice possible R I

ilovecorns1
12-07-2007, 10:39 PM
i cant figure out what is wrong with ted.
he seems to be wheezing when he breathes. I was watching him very closely and he looks like hes rubbing his nose on things like trying to clear it.
other than that he seems pretty normal. i live in a place where reptile vets arent common and im afraid the bill would be 120$+ for a checkup:bang:
if he needs a vet i can get a vet but if he might have it then i cant afford that
also he goes to the cool end of he cage to hide.
thanks
Austin.

wade
12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Austin,
Lots of questions. What state is Mt. Caramel in? There is a Mt. Caramel very near my home.

Is Ted a Corn Snake or your brother? You didn't say? Can you hear a wheezing? Is there any discharge from is mouth or nose? Is his mouth open? What are the temperatures at the warm hide and the cool hide?

Most often when I see a snake rubbing his nose, he is looking for a hole to escape through. That is a pretty normal activity. Wire cages are not recommended for snakes because they tend to rub their noses off on the wire. So with that in mind, rubbing itself is not really a concern.

Check back and give us a little more info. Hope all is well with you and Ted

Eriathiel
12-08-2007, 12:48 PM
My only thought other then R I is that he is trying to shed and is attempting to get the first pieces of skin loose - how is his humidity? Did he go into blue recently?