PDA

View Full Version : pealing scales?

pealing scales?

luvmycorn
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
my corns color is dimming, but she is still eating and her eyes are clear so i dont think she is in shed. the front scale on her face is a bit ratty looking and grey on the sides. this happends about every time she is gonna shed about 2-3 weeks before. have ur snakes done this? is this normal?
also, how do you tell a dehidrated snake from a hydrated snake?just wondering. she is as active as ever and eating, is this normal?
please respond!

Checkerbelly
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I bet the peeling scales are due to the snake rubbing its face on the enlosure trying to get out. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for hydration, if the snake has available water, then it's probably not dehydrated. simple pimple.

JaimeP
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I've experienced the "grey" look to my corns snout before, as well. It could be due to rubbing to get out, or ink from newspaper (if that's what you keep her on), or, since you said her color is dimming (which happens over here too a week or more before the snake goes blue), it could have something to do with that.
Either way, I don't think that it's something to be overly concerned with. :)

luvmycorn
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
yeah, my corn does this ever like 2-3 weeks befr shed. i keep her on Aspen bedding, so it is not the newspaper, and it is not the tip of her snout but farther up on her head, on one of the big scales. happends every time and then after shed she is as good as new! luv my baby Juliet. she seems ok. also, she has about half a dozen scales near her tail that look ratty and the tips are pealing. i think she is fine just making sure.

mele2511
12-18-2007, 06:35 AM
I see this every now and then. If you really want to you can get some skin ointment from your local petshop and put that on it. Works very well.