PDA

View Full Version : Sabrina!

Sabrina!

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Nevermind, basically sabrina play's with her food for ages before eating it, and I was wondering why LOL, she's ate now, hopefully she'll eat next week :P

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 01:52 PM
And now shes ate it, LMAO, she's done this a few times now, she waits until I complain then eats it, girls (tut tut)

SnakesRule1234
12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Well then, live is your only option. I know it's illegal in the UK, but you can figure something out...

SnakesRule1234
12-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh, then... Nevermind...
Just be patient, I guess.

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
yea, I normally wait like an hour and she just messes with her food, she does eventually eat it, just worried why she plays with it like it should be alive,

oh and acording to a report from the uk govement it's not illigal to feed live because millons of mice are killed through the death traps every year, like the mice traps, I read the report that was linked from a uk reptile forum, I would never ever feed live though, or recremend doing so, 1) could hurt your snake, 2) it's not really something you'd enjoy doing (unless you hate mice :/) and for a live mouse it's £4 when a dead is £0.50p

SnakesRule1234
12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
yea, I normally wait like an hour and she just messes with her food, she does eventually eat it, just worried why she plays with it like it should be alive,

oh and acording to a report from the uk govement it's not illigal to feed live because millons of mice are killed through the death traps every year, like the mice traps, I read the report that was linked from a uk reptile forum, I would never ever feed live though, or recremend doing so, 1) could hurt your snake, 2) it's not really something you'd enjoy doing (unless you hate mice :/) and for a live mouse it's £4 when a dead is £0.50p

I sometimes feed live. Here the frozen are more expensive, I pay $15 for 5 frozen when I pay $1 for one live... even my bp doesn't mind the changes.. :shrugs:

Dave123
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I sometimes feed live. Here the frozen are more expensive, I pay $15 for 5 frozen when I pay $1 for one live... even my bp doesn't mind the changes.. :shrugs:

You pay 15 dollars for 5 frozen mice? That is a big waste of money. You can get a bag of 100 pinky mice for 16 dollars. The shipping is where they get you...at rodent pro it is about 33 dollars to ship. So 33+19=49. 49 divided by 100 is 49 cents. So you get one frozen pinky mouse for 49 cents shipped. Way cheaper than 3 bucks per mouse.

It depends on the size of the mice that you need but you shouldnt have to pay that much for frozen mice!

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I was going to start ordering online, but I like the shop I always go to, I get a friendly service and a nice friendly face :)

my local reptile shop keeper even give me a christmas card this year saying (to valued customer, thank you for all your support, have a happy christmas, mandy) or something along those lines :P

SnakesRule1234
12-15-2007, 02:59 PM
You pay 15 dollars for 5 frozen mice? That is a big waste of money. You can get a bag of 100 pinky mice for 16 dollars. The shipping is where they get you...at rodent pro it is about 33 dollars to ship. So 33+19=49. 49 divided by 100 is 49 cents. So you get one frozen pinky mouse for 49 cents shipped. Way cheaper than 3 bucks per mouse.

It depends on the size of the mice that you need but you shouldnt have to pay that much for frozen mice!
Tell my pet store that! I think they kill their own mice, dunno. But it's waay over priced. I don't want to buy from rodent pro or the mouse factory, too many mice and I only have 5 snakes which feed on different sizes, I'll stick with p/k or live now, and the occasional f/t.

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 03:29 PM
why not buy live and kill them yourself? is that legal? I mean it would cause less problems because if a mouse bit your snake the vets bill would not be cheap, and the poor snake would possibly loose an eye or get an infection.. :/

SnakesRule1234
12-15-2007, 03:36 PM
why not buy live and kill them yourself? is that legal? I mean it would cause less problems because if a mouse bit your snake the vets bill would not be cheap, and the poor snake would possibly loose an eye or get an infection.. :/

I do......
Tell my pet store that! I think they kill their own mice, dunno. But it's waay over priced. I don't want to buy from rodent pro or the mouse factory, too many mice and I only have 5 snakes which feed on different sizes, I'll stick with p/k or live now, and the occasional f/t.

Pet Corn Snake
12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I do......

Okay :) :crazy02: