PDA

View Full Version : How long can a corn safely go without food?

How long can a corn safely go without food?

fiscsnaca
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Here's my problem... I am leaving in the morning for a 2 week vacation and thought I had everything planned out. My corn is an '06 and should be switching this week from fuzzies to hoppers. She ate her last fuzzy 6 days ago and I had planned to give her the first hopper tonight but they never arrived. My dad was going to feed her while I was gone too. I ordered overnight delivery last Friday from the mouse factory (which I have never had any problems with before) and finally called today (wednesday) to see what happened to my shipment. They told me they are not shipping anything due to the holidays until the 8th of January. I explained the situation and that when I placed the order it said nothing about that on their website but there was nothing the lady on the phone could do other than tell me they will be sent on the 8th. That means in total my snake is going to go without food for about 25 days :-( I am very upset about this but since they already took the money out of my bank and as I said I fly out of the state tomorrow I have no idea what to do. Please tell me I am not going to come home to find her dead.

-Alethea

Weebonilass
12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Petco is open until 9 or 10pm, I believe. I would suggest that you find one of those and get a few to tide you over. You probably wouldn't find her dead, but it's not particularly healthy for her to go that long without eating.

JustineNYC
12-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Here's my problem... I am leaving in the morning for a 2 week vacation and thought I had everything planned out. My corn is an '06 and should be switching this week from fuzzies to hoppers. She ate her last fuzzy 6 days ago and I had planned to give her the first hopper tonight but they never arrived. My dad was going to feed her while I was gone too. I ordered overnight delivery last Friday from the mouse factory (which I have never had any problems with before) and finally called today (wednesday) to see what happened to my shipment. They told me they are not shipping anything due to the holidays until the 8th of January. I explained the situation and that when I placed the order it said nothing about that on their website but there was nothing the lady on the phone could do other than tell me they will be sent on the 8th. That means in total my snake is going to go without food for about 25 days :-( I am very upset about this but since they already took the money out of my bank and as I said I fly out of the state tomorrow I have no idea what to do. Please tell me I am not going to come home to find her dead.

-Alethea

Im in the same boat. I was planning on ordering from TMF today and couldnt get anyone on the phone. I have zero mice for everyone so Ill have to pick up locally to hold me over til January. Pooey.

wade
12-19-2007, 07:10 PM
First off if there is no other way, your snake will not die between now and the 8th of January. If there is some way that you could get a hopper or have your dad pick one up and feed it once between now and the 8th, that would be better.

Joejr14
12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
...but it's not particularly healthy for her to go that long without eating.

Says who? Certainly not me.

ZoologyMajor
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I think everyone is in the same boat. My order is going to be shipped Jan. 8th as well. Until then I am using the frozen mice from Petco. If you get the fuzzy mice from there make sure you feel the size of the mice in the bag. I bought a 3 pack and got screwed. Instead of 3 fuzzy I got 2 fuzzy and 1 pink.

fiscsnaca
12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
yay, we finally found a pet store that sells frozen mice. We live in BFE, which is why I usually order them online. The closest cities are about an hour away, and even those (Fayetteville NC and Florence SC) didn't have anything. I'm flying out of Charlotte at 8 am and the guy I talked to at the Charlotte Petco assured me they do have frozen feeder mice so my dad will be picking them up after he drops us off at the airport. Hopefully an ice chest and bag of ice will keep them from thawing on the 3 1/2 hour drive back home with my mom running the heater full blast =) Thanks for the replies!!!

ZoologyMajor
12-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Put the cooler in the trunk of the car. It is always colder in the trunk.

wade
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Put the mice in a zip lock and duct tape them to the hood of the car. Glad you figured out a solution.