PDA

View Full Version : head bopping

head bopping

amyloveys
12-21-2007, 04:59 AM
when i had kaa out last night he started getting a bit skatty like he usually does when he wants to go back in, as i started walking towards the tank he started lifting his head up in the air and bopping it down on my hand and back up again, is this threatening as he wanted to go home?

mele2511
12-21-2007, 06:47 AM
yeah sounds to me like its just him saying "leave me alone". Just keep your eye on him and see if anything has changed in the setup to see why he is doing it.

v_various
12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
when snakes threaten you, you know it. I usually get hisses, the 's' pose, tail rattles, flailing around, or strikes when my guys are pissed. And if they REALLY want you to put them down, they musk (or so I've heard. you know, I don't know anyone who has even been musked by a corn. Calm little buggers)

head bobbing is nothing to worry about, he's probably just looking around.

Weebonilass
12-21-2007, 05:18 PM
when snakes threaten you, you know it. I usually get hisses, the 's' pose, tail rattles, flailing around, or strikes when my guys are pissed. And if they REALLY want you to put them down, they musk (or so I've heard. you know, I don't know anyone who has even been musked by a corn. Calm little buggers)

head bobbing is nothing to worry about, he's probably just looking around.

Dean has been musked and I believe I've been musked, although I didn't know it was called that at the time. I believe there are several others on the list who own snakes who can lay claim to being musked by them, esp. the first time or two you handle them. :)

Without seeing the head-bobbing, it's hard to tell. He may have just been trying to get a different angle on something that he was looking at.

Topazfyre
12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. You have to understand that for the snake, being held by you is like riding a camel. I'm sure if you started leaning out of the saddle to look around, your head would be bobbing, too. ;)