PDA

View Full Version : Baby always in the same place...

Baby always in the same place...

Gralena
12-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi! I have had Monty for about 10 days. As some may know from a different thread, 2 days ago he was given his 2nd pinky mouse and regurged. We are following advice from Kathy to help with that situation....we have barely handled him since we got him and are not handling him at all since he regurged.......anyway, my question is, he can always be found inside of this one hide he likes. (looks like a rock with a hole in it, but you can take the top half off if you need to) I NEVER see him out moving around, and I have NEVER seen him drink. Whenever I check on him...he is always in the same place. Do you think he is drinking? I have never seen pee nor poo. I realize it probably is stress from a new environment, stress from the regurge...etc. But what if he really is not drinking? Is it normal for them to stay in one little spot all of the time? (it is on the warm side 83-85F, the cool side is kept at 72F)

jazzgeek
12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
A hide is a snake's security blanket, especially with hatchlings/juveniles, and especially with new surroundings.

I'm sure he's fine.....and is probably sneaking drinks and adventures at night, when it's dark, when you're sleeping.

regards,
jazz

Nanci
12-22-2007, 06:01 AM
I've got three babies. One comes out at about 6PM and sits up in the same vine in a little ball all night. One climbs all over his viv till I take him out. The littlest one, I never used to see her. I'd be so relieved if I saw her out on a vine for a second, but if she saw me, she was gone. Now she lays out on the aspen, in a hairpin shape, at the very fornt of the viv, in broad daylight, in the middle of the afternoon, and _that_ worries me, that she's not hiding! I know she's ok, but it's funny that she went from so reclusive to so active it's more like watching a fish tank.