PDA

View Full Version : new tank?

new tank?

dragonrider202121
12-23-2007, 05:14 PM
i got an amel stripe corn snake 2 months ago. i don't know how old he is but i was wondering about when should i be getting a bigger tank?the curent one is 30" long, 1 foot wide and 1 foot high. he is currently about 16" long, but his colors are starting to get dull so he will be longer in a month or so.

susang
12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
i got an amel stripe corn snake 2 months ago. i don't know how old he is but i was wondering about when should i be getting a bigger tank?the curent one is 30" long, 1 foot wide and 1 foot high. he is currently about 16" long, but his colors are starting to get dull so he will be longer in a month or so.

You have what sounds like a 20L (20 gallon), this will do an adult corn snake nicely for their entire life. If his colors are dulling it means he is getting ready to shed most likely within the next week or two. While he will be bigger it will not be huge, you probably won't even be able to tell. Also if you're thinking you can measure the shed it stretches up to 30% hwen the nskae is shedding so that is not an indicator. susang

Dave123
12-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree with Susan. That cage should be fine for him for the rest of his life but you can always get a bigger one if you choose!

highcolorcorns
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
My adults stay in a 32qt sterlite tub from Target. If you can look at one of those, they are just about perfect size.

SquamishSerpents
12-23-2007, 09:19 PM
hmmm, i was wondering how to measure a snake, and then i thought i figured it out. i thought you just wait til they shed, and then measure the shed. yet you say it stretches up to 30%

so i guess i was wrong. how exactly DO you measure the length of your snake?

diamondlil
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
hmmm, i was wondering how to measure a snake, and then i thought i figured it out. i thought you just wait til they shed, and then measure the shed. yet you say it stretches up to 30%

so i guess i was wrong. how exactly DO you measure the length of your snake?
Sent you a PM with a link

SquamishSerpents
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
thanks for that!