PDA

View Full Version : Anole Problem!

Anole Problem!

Random8A
12-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I fed my non feeder a F/T anole today, and now there is not a lump but both legs and sticking out side ( just about to tear ) the skin, I've just left him alone, but I really dont know if he is going to die from this? Or will it pass!

Please help!
Thanks

luvmycorn
12-25-2007, 07:16 PM
that sounds nasty. my advice is keep checking him and dont handle him.

highcolorcorns
12-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Luvmycorn:
Don't want to sound completly rude or anything, but how can you respond to such a thread about a possible serious feeding issue when you don't even know the simply things such as shedding??? Like I said, I don't want to be mean to you, but if you don't know, don't respond.

In response to the post...I have had this happen in feeding larger hoppers/mice, especially(sp) if the eat it tail first. It makes the legs of whatever you fed, mice/anole in an unatural position. The "legs" should start to get digested and break down normally. As any other feeding time, don't move him/her around alot and let it digest. If your alittle worried, just peek in and see how it's going every now and then.

Random8A
12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Thats alright, thank you for posting. Makes me feel alot better. I thought my christmas present was going to be a trip to the emergency and a two hour ride! haha

I did gently touch it, and he bit me, so I know it hurts. I wanted to feel if it was blown up or that really was the bone.

I will keep a close eye on him!
Happy Holidays everyone!

susang
12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I've read on here where people say the mouse legs will kind of stick out, almost like they're going to puncture the snake. I've not heard of a snake coming to any harm after that. good luck, susang

Nanci
12-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it's more likely that he bit you because you were bugging him, not because it hurt. Well, the good news is maybe next time he will go for a nice scented mouse instead of the real thing.

mele2511
12-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I have came across the same problem myself only the other day. The snakes looked like it was ready to die but it just took it longer to get the mouse down it.

Random8A
12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys,
yes I'm really trying to get him on FT Mice not anoles. There costing me an arm and a leg at 8 dollars ea. Yea, I think he bit me because I was bugging him, just wanted to see if it had already popped through the skin or not.

He looks alot better this morning, I can barley see it. Now just a quick question, when I first picked up the anoles I tried to sent a FT pink and he wanted nothing to do with it, I belive also it was because I had to hold the anole ( which was trying to get away and bite me ) and rub a pink on him, I could only get it on his head, and had to put him back.

I'm going to freeze this live one I have here, when I sent the pinkie do I rub the pink on the Frozen anole or thaw it out then do it? Or should I take a little skin?

starsevol
12-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I used to have a grey banded king that needed scented pinkies. He liked fence lizards. I froze one (I HATED doing that, poor thing!), snapped it in 2, and would rub the thawed pink's nose in the still-frozen body cavity. It worked every time!