PDA

View Full Version : Too soon to feed again?

Too soon to feed again?

QuickSilver
05-29-2003, 07:30 PM
As previously posted we found our 02 amel escapee after 2 1/2 months on Sunday. She hadn't grown any in length and was thin but not as much as I would have expected. She was very thirsty. Monday, early in the day, we fed her 2 day old pinkies (very tiny) which she ate well. She did not regurge. I can see through her pretty easily and this morning the small amount of waste leftover from them was visible near her cloaca. I assume she will have pooped by the time I get home tonight. Is it too soon to feed her again? Still small feedings, right?

Tim Madsen
05-29-2003, 09:29 PM
I would put her back on her normal feeding schedule.

Probe7899
06-01-2003, 12:28 AM
It seems she needs to be fed a little bit more. I agree with Tim put her back on her regular feeding and see how she does.

QuickSilver
06-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Well, although she had done well with her first meal (after we found her) and was cruising for another, I must have fed her again too soon. The first meal was on Monday and then Friday night I fed her 2 medium sized pinkies which she wolfed down. She regurged Sunday. Her temps on the warm side are thermastatically controlled to be between 85-90 degrees, so I'm not thinking it was a temperature thing. Still might be, though, since it's so hot here that we moved both snakes downstairs for the summer months and the ambient temperature is 60-67 degrees (coldest at night). My other guy hasn't had any problems with regurges but he is quite a bit bigger.

So, I'll follow the protocol for a regurge and see what happens.

CAV
06-02-2003, 04:07 PM
We recently have a hot day that raised my temp ~5 degree above normal. This occured 30 hours after feeding and I had four regurges from some very good feeders that have never given me a problem.

Also, You may want to give her digestive system a change to stabilize after being off-track for such a long period. I'd stick with smaller meals offered more frequently vs. a pinkie buffet. :)

Be patient, things will work out!