PDA

View Full Version : A piece of skin/shed left on eye...WTD?

A piece of skin/shed left on eye...WTD?

CALIVIK
01-05-2008, 05:12 AM
So what I thought was a 'perfect' shed, apparently wasn't. Little Dani has a tinytiny piece of skin on his upper left eye. I can barely see it, its that small. It looks like a tiny piece of plastic caught in his upper eyecap area. Now what do? It does not bothering him, should I put his wet hide back in? HELP need to know if this is an emergency situation or will it come off w/ the next shed in a few wks?

TIA!!

Cat_Eyed_Lady
01-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Sounds like a peice of eye cap didnt come off?? You can try to just use a warm wet wash cloth and have him go through that and try to get it on his face... probably wont like it too much.... none of mine like too much attention paid to their faces. But that should help it to come off :) I wouldnt really say emergency but it would be better to get it off as soon as possible..... dont want it catching as he goes about doing his thing and getting an irritation from it. Good luck! :)

CALIVIK
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Your so sweet! Thx for responding. I will do the wet cloth & hope it comes off, I would think it will since it is really a tiny piece! TA!! :)

Rich in KY
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey Vikki!!

I agree. A 15 soak would do him good. If you have any questions about how to set up the container for the soak, go to Nanci's thread. It has helped me a few times.

Nanci's miracle cure for a bad shed (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170&highlight=bad%2Fincomplete+shed)

CALIVIK
01-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey guys it worked & is gone! whew!! Poor guy hope it did not bother him, he seems to be happy! He is SOOOOOOOO sweet, now 8mths & 90g....lol Big boy!! I love him sooooooooooo much. He loves for me to rub under his mouth, he really is a sweethrt! He loves masssages...not sure what man doesn't LOL

TA for all the advice! :)

Cat_Eyed_Lady
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
glad it worked and its off there :)

Nanci
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Glad it worked!