PDA

View Full Version : Shedding problem? Maybe?

Shedding problem? Maybe?

thinktink388
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I recently acquired Ozzy the second week in December and when I got him, he was very weak and was feeding on crickets. I got him to eat pinkies and he was doing better but now I think he's having sheding problems. Over a week ago, his eyes went blue and they've been clear for a few days, I'm not exactly sure how many days and there still has been no shed. I have another corn snake so I know that it should be coming but things don't look right with Ozzy. He is not moving around and I thought that maybe if I gave him a warm bath that would help so when I went to pick him up, his skin was very rough and he wasn't holding on to me, he fell right out of my grip so I put him in a gladware container to bring him to the sink and he was thrashing around the whole time. The skin around his nose is a dull color and looks like its ready to be peeled off. I hope I'm not just being paranoid but this never happened with my other corn and with Ozzys condition, it makes me nervous. Is there anything I can do to aid in shedding, if he doesn't do it soon? Am I just being a nervous mom? I can take pictures if I need to..
Thanks guys!

thinktink388
01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
No one has any advice? :nope:
I'm really worried, he doesn't look good and I have no idea what to do.. :-(

I tried a bath again and now he's in a container with wet paper towels.. I don't know if this will help or hurt him..

susang
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
You could let him glide through your a damp washcloth in your hands. You said he's eating fine, is he in his own viv. :shrugs:He may just take longer to shed then your other snake, I know mine are different. good luck susang

jiyoung2k
01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
could be humid problem maybe you can spray some water around the viv to make it humid

LouiseB
01-09-2008, 08:15 AM
He might be feeling sluggish because he's nearly ready to shed. Mine can be a bit unresponsive during that stage too. As the others said, all snakes are a bit different, and you're doing what you can to help him. Hope it goes well, let us know what he's doing now.

Nanci
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM
I think you should just leave him alone till he sheds. They clear up for some time before shedding, and are typically sluggish. It's also easy to damage his skin while he is in the blue phase, so messing around with him trying to "help" him should be avoided until you see a partial shed and the rest hasn't come off him.

tyler1310
02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
hi i was wondering if any body knew why the eye caps would still be on and how do i get them off