PDA

View Full Version : Corn Having Difficulty Swallowing

Corn Having Difficulty Swallowing

hornet88
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help with the problem we are having with our corn who is approximately 6 months old.

He hasn't been able to eat for the past month. He was eating two pinkies every 5 or 6 days and then all of the sudden he started having what appeared to be difficulty in swallowing his food. We have tried feeding him approximately once every 7 to 10 days with the same results. He takes the pinky in his mouth and it doesn't go any further. After about 30 minutes with the pinkie in his mouth he spits it out.

Has anyone had experience with this? It isn't a regurge but difficulty in swallowing.

Thanks

lil_rab2005
01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help with the problem we are having with our corn who is approximately 6 months old.

He hasn't been able to eat for the past month. He was eating two pinkies every 5 or 6 days and then all of the sudden he started having what appeared to be difficulty in swallowing his food. We have tried feeding him approximately once every 7 to 10 days with the same results. He takes the pinky in his mouth and it doesn't go any further. After about 30 minutes with the pinkie in his mouth he spits it out.

Has anyone had experience with this? It isn't a regurge but difficulty in swallowing.

Thanks

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I have no clue, I just wanted to get on here and say that I hope everything goes ok and hopefully nothing is really wrong. Someone should be along shortly to give ya some good advice. I will be praying for ya'll...

Lil.

SnakesRule1234
01-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I suggest going to a vet to get it checked out, I am not sure why this would happen since pinkies can't scratch the inside of a snakes mouth. Do you feed in the cage? He might have swallowed a piece of substrate if you do. On another forum a lady posted a thread about the fact that her snake's tounge fell out when it swallowed a pice of aspen.

NinaCaliente
01-12-2008, 12:44 AM
On another forum a lady posted a thread about the fact that her snake's tounge fell out when it swallowed a pice of aspen.

Fell out?? Do you mean it was protruding, or that it was actually severed? :eek:

SnakesRule1234
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Fell out?? Do you mean it was protruding, or that it was actually severed? :eek:

The tounge had an infection inside at the base and it wear off the tissue, and the tounge just stayed in the mouth until the snake was able to "spit" it out...
Here's the link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107087&highlight=tounge