PDA

View Full Version : canadian mouseman? Good Or Bad?

canadian mouseman? Good Or Bad?

KristyS
06-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi,
Im just wondering if anyone gets their f/t mice from The Canadian Mouse man I was told it was the best mice you can get in Canada and for great prices too but i want some more feedback to see what you guys think.
thanks
Kristy

vanderkm
06-01-2003, 10:58 PM
We have not purchased feeders from Lori at Canadian Mouseman but known others who have been very pleased with them. Lori also breeds corns and has some very nice ones - this female amel is from her breeding - and she certainly has been a very helpful person overall on another exotic list I was a member of.

mary v.

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/509/63ivy_x_march_reduced.jpg

KristyS
06-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I heard she was good but just wanted to check it out.

Ohhh, and another question, when corns are just babies is there any way you can predict how their colors are going to turn out? I want a bright healthy okeetee! Does anybody have any tips for me when I look at pics to pick my baby?

just a little weary...
Kristy:)

Ghost
06-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey i was wondering the same thing about the mouseman! I think i'll pruchase from them!

I've never known to be able to predict the beauty of an adult corn by the baby (although some babies are stunning which could help lol) but be sure of this: anything called "okeetee" is sure to knock your socks off lol

vanderkm
06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
My best advice on choosing babies for optimum color would be to know your breeder and be able to look at the parents of the baby - but even that is no guarantee. It does improve your odds though, with another option being to buy an adult or young adult snake instead of a baby - so you know what you are getting. That is what I would do if color was especially important to a breeding program. If it is just a color preference, you will likely find that you really like whatever your baby snake grows up to look like.

On mouse breeders - just be aware that there are two operations with Mouseman in their name in Canada - the Canadian Mouseman in Medicine Hat Alberta and the Mouseman in Victoria, BC. My comments above apply to the Canadian Mouseman. I have actually purchased from Ian, the Mouseman (because he has rats as well) and he is really great to deal with. Good prices, although the shipping cost on rats would really be a killer if they had to go from Victoria to Newfoundland.

best of luck,

mary v.

CowBoyWay
06-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Western Canada's
largest mouse producer
http://www.canadianmouseman.com/

:)