PDA

View Full Version : shed problem

shed problem

lian
06-01-2003, 04:30 PM
my snake has not been able to shed the skin at the end of his tail ive tried to get it off with diffrent things but im afriead ill rip it off and now his at one part looks like theres a peace of string tied around it but i want to get it off before it starts to hurt him thanks for replys

CornCrazy
06-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Have you tried soaking him? What about KY jelly?

CAV
06-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Your options really depend on how long the old shed has been left on the tail tip. If it is months old, bad news. However, if it is rather recent, soaking a paper towel and letting the snake crawl through should work like a charm. There have been a couple of posts on this topic recently. Do a search and you will find plenty of good suggestions.

Probe7899
06-01-2003, 08:28 PM
The local pet store sells a skin moistorizer for reptiles. I personally never used it but it is surpose to help with bad sheds. My bp has had a lot of bad sheds I usually put her in a rubber maid with a damp towel and all the skin comes off with in thirty minutes.

clumsly
06-24-2003, 01:19 AM
give him a good bath. and the try and rasie the humidity some so for his next shed it will be alot easie for him and maybe it will come off wiht hope.

Sparda
06-24-2003, 09:28 AM
I agree with everyone else as far as soaking in paper towels or towels. I soak mine daily, after their eyes clear up, for about 15 minutes or so. They have never had problems shedding, it usually comes off within a 2 to 3 days after eyes clear.