PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in the Open?

Sleeping in the Open?

Keiro
01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I just got my first corn yesterday. One thing I'm surprised about is how quickly it seemed to adjust to its new home. It even decided to eat that day. Anyway, usually, it sleeps in his hide. However, sometimes, it'll sleep out in the open. Is this normal? Should I be worried or anything?

Wylie
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Well, I just got my first corn yesterday. One thing I'm surprised about is how quickly it seemed to adjust to its new home. It even decided to eat that day. Anyway, usually, it sleeps in his hide. However, sometimes, it'll sleep out in the open. Is this normal? Should I be worried or anything?

That's fine as long as the temps in your tank are what they should be, my snake is often out in the open on top of the tree hides I have for him. It just depends on your snake's personality. Mine adjusted very quickly to his new home too and he's usually visible to me just by looking in the tank.

So what are you keeping your temps at?

Weebonilass
01-14-2008, 12:54 AM
If he's out in the open and you have a hide on both the cool and warm sides, it simply means that he doesn't see any threats. My big guy never really hid until I got himn this huge log that he can stretch out in... I don't think he likes curling up. Of course, five foot of snake is a lot to curl up :)

Congrads on the new addition to the family, btw!