PDA

View Full Version : Is this poop or regurge? Please don't tell me it;s a regurge

Is this poop or regurge? Please don't tell me it;s a regurge

aztek
01-14-2008, 10:47 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/DSC00947.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/DSC00946.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/DSC00945.jpg
First of all that's not the whole poop/regurge, it was mostly black.
At first I thought it was just the regular white part of the poop but then I saw it and it looked kind of fleshy. Don't know if it was because it was fresh or what, never seen the white part fresh.

I'm leaning more towards poop since it was almost all black except for that chunk.

NFS07
01-14-2008, 11:02 PM
From those pics it looks like a blown up regurge. Any chance for more pics from another angle?

Start him/her on the regurge program just to be safe.

What are the temps in the tank?
Size of snake vs. size of mouse?
Would this be the first time it has happened?

Susielea
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
My instinct says "Poop" with some poorly digested skin/fur.

I've seen three regurges in the last couple of months, both early and late ones, and to me by that pic it looks nothing like the regurges I've seen. I have on the other hand seen Poops with some of the skin/fur stuff in before, although not often.

Hope that's helped you some, best wishes,

Susielea
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
As Nicole (NFS07) said though you could play safe and go with the regurge plan just in case, as it wouldn't hurt.

It might be more conclusive if you could post a pic of the whole thing though.

Best wishes,

aztek
01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
From those pics it looks like a blown up regurge. Any chance for more pics from another angle?

Start him/her on the regurge program just to be safe.

What are the temps in the tank?
Size of snake vs. size of mouse?
Would this be the first time it has happened?
73-84

I waited to feed it again so ti can replenish it's flana or whatever.

I fed it and it went cool. That's why I'm wondering about this time.

It's on pinkys.

aztek
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
ergh, I meant to put it that it HAD regurged before and the feeding after the regurge went cool.

NFS07
01-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok. So this has happened before? Well, how runny was this one? I have seen some poos with fur and stuff but it's still runny. I'm going to guess you were able to pick it up and move it to where ever you took that pic right? From the photos you showed it's hard to tell 100% but I think you may want to wait and try again in 10 days. If you gave him/her a full pinkie try 1/2 of a pinkie if you think you are up to it. Make sure that the pinkie is warm enough and you are not handling the snake other than to put him back into his tank. After you feed him the next time don't mess with him for three days just to be on the safe side.

kathylove
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM
It has a look of some regurge. But don't trust your eyes - use your nose. The smell of regurge is unmistakable. Doesn't smell like poop at all. If he has already regurged before, don't take a chance on making it a habit. If you suspect a regurge, go on the regurge protocol. It is much harder on the snake to have another regurge than to go without food at all for a week or two.

Nanci
01-15-2008, 05:39 AM
I think I'd vote poop. Did it smell musky/snakey or like a rotting dead body? If you squashed the white things, were they crumbly/chalky?

diamondlil
01-15-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm with you Nanci. I vote poop, but following the 'gurge protocol won't do any harm in case there are digestion issues IMO.

aztek
01-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Eh, everything was wet, like not even ten minutes from being done so I don't know if it was chalky.

But I think I'm going to wait 10 days again and feed it half a pinky.

At least my BP shed, yay.

Nanci
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Well, if it's still in your garbage, you could squish the white substance and see what it feels like. Urates are usually semi- to very formed and should feel chalky or gritty or like fine sand. Also, I've taken suspected regurges and melted them under running water to look for a tail- that's a sign it's a regurge, not a poo.