• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please Help!

muddz123

muddz123
hi
i was just wondering what is the best way to remove eye caps that have not come off after a shed
thanks

I am not an expert but try a moist towel over his head. I have heard using some olive oil on q-tips gently swabbed over the eye caps. Final resort, go to a good reptile vet. You don't want to be fooling around with the eyes too much and have an accident happen.

In the future raise the humidity or spray with something like Shedease. Just a quick thought, try spraying ShedEase on his head and see if you can gently remove them.

O.K. try letting your snake crawl through a damp cloth, if this fails try soaking your snake in about 1/2inch of warm water for half an hour, after soaking let her crawl through a damp cloth again.

I'd be inclined to pop the snake in a ventilated lunchbox with a wet flannel to rehydrate the retained skin and let it work the eyecaps off for itself. If that doesn't work, try using wet cotton buds on the eyecaps because more invasive methods can damage the snake.
Here's the result of the snake-o-bath on a bad shed.

Attachments

• snakeobath.JPG
    snakeobath.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 38
I'd be inclined to pop the snake in a ventilated lunchbox with a wet flannel to rehydrate the retained skin and let it work the eyecaps off for itself. If that doesn't work, try using wet cotton buds on the eyecaps because more invasive methods can damage the snake.
Here's the result of the snake-o-bath on a bad shed.

Om, where did the snake go? :rofl:

That stuff looks like it works great. Where do you get it? Smokey's last two sheds have been really bad, no problem with eye caps but every bits and pieces of everything else.

"snake-o-bath" I love that!

If you get it moist enough the eye cap will come off. But go very slow and gentle. Best is the snake can rub it off by itself.

Back