PDA

View Full Version : dead skin

dead skin

Chris_uk
06-02-2003, 11:29 AM
I have just been handeling my snake and i noticed at the bottom sides of him there is a few bits of dead skin sticking up.
today has been a hot day and his tank has been at about 82 F
the bedding is bark.
I was wondering if i should bath him in about 1" of water(he is about 2 yer old and about 1.5" thick)
get a wet cloth and let him slide through it in hope that it takes it off or just leave him untill his next shed?
thx

sumguy
06-02-2003, 03:08 PM
same problem here with repti-bark. only happens around shed time though. the piece of skin was a little smaller than this " mark. It was right on her nose tip and when I tried to remove is the only time she ever bit me. Still, her first shed was perfect snake sock. 2nd shed should be in next week or so. Sometimes she burrows when I put her back in tank. Next day noticed a little piece of skin on her back. I plan on switching to aspen if it becomes a problem. Normal humidity is around 50%

She's growing almost an inch a week using serpwidgets snake measure program. ~22" now :)

Chris_uk
06-02-2003, 04:13 PM
well i bathed him and it seems to have taken it off but the scales at the bottom still sometimes come up when he moves backwards across my arm.
I guess he must be near to shedding and i got some aspen orderd in for wednesday so with any luck it will stop it