PDA

View Full Version : ??slow digestion?/

??slow digestion?/

dustinsmom
01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello, have had my lovely cornsnake since Feb 2007-now about a year old...very healthy, never refuses a feed even while in blue, but I am wondering, as she/he is is blue now and hasn't poo'd-was last fed about 6 days ago.
So, does digestion slow down during this phase? I have noticed once the shed is done, "poo happens", and it would make sense, since the snakes activity level is down while in the pre-shed phase.
Temps are good...although for some reason this snake always hangs on the cool side.the warm side is 80-85 degrees...so I don't think the temp is too high.

Susan
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Being in blue is a good possibility for why your snake hasn't pooped yet. Many owners have commented on the occasional neatly wrapped poop in a shed, and I've noticed that I don't generally clean up poop from snakes in blue very often.

Nanci
01-16-2008, 06:34 PM
I think they don't poop in blue because they aren't moving around. Big Jake is in blue. A few nights ago, Zee refused a hopper, so I put it on Jake's hide (It's like the size of a dinner plate) and knocked on the hide and after a while he came out. He didn't want the hopper, either, but he made a huge pile for me to clean up then went back into hiding and hasn't been seen since.

I've found poos in sheds maybe one time out of ten.