PDA

View Full Version : Cool Side=Problems Digesting?

Cool Side=Problems Digesting?

Shorty6
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry for the 10000000000 questions...

I fed Ziggy on Monday and he, to my knowledge, is still holding in down.
BUT, he is hiding under his cool hide, and I'm getting paraniod that because of this he isn't going to properly digest and regurg AGAIN. I put a heat lamp that is on a dimmer right above the hide to give him sme warmth, but are there going to be problems?

Susan
01-16-2008, 06:01 PM
It really depends upon how cool the cool side actually is. Does Ziggy normally like that hide or has he used the one on the warm side as well? If the 2 hides are different, he may have a preference for one over the other and switching them may help. Or, the warm side may be too warm, forcing him to go to the lesser of 2 evils. You can try lowering the temp on the warm side a degree or two, also to see if that makes a difference. Good luck!

Shorty6
01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
the one on the cool side is a toilet paper roll, the one on the warm side is one of those half logs. The warm side is at 85-87.

I might just take the half log out and stick another toilet paper roll in there for him. But I don't want to bug him. We're coming up on the 48 hour mark.

I don't want him to regurg!

bitsy
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Taking away his heat gradient and forcing him to be hotter than he wants, is pretty dangerous. Overheating is just as likely to cause a regurge.

The temps at the warm side are fine and he'll move over there if he needs to - it isn't compulsory for digestion. Remember that the snakes don't read the rule books like we do! Switch the lamp off so that the cool end is cool again.

I'd leave well alone and let him move between temperature zones as he needs to.

If you really want to feel like you're doing something, then put a couple more toilet roll tubes in both the warm and cool ends, so that he has plenty of choice on where to hide if he decides to move.

Shorty6
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Problem solved. He moved his snakey behind to the warm hide. I turned the light off and the temp of the heating pad is around 85F.

I knew he wasn't that stupid LoL.

CALIVIK
01-18-2008, 04:36 AM
My guys will do this. Right now Little Dani who is my 8mth old Candy Cane is digesting on the cooler side under his coconut. He has never regurged. I fed him 2 days ago & he is still there. My cool side is whatever my temp is in our home. I have a nice hot heater on the otherside. For whatever reason some feedings they will choose the cooler side. :shrugs: