PDA

View Full Version : Murphy came a knockin' again!

Murphy came a knockin' again!

Susielea
01-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Well this is an update on the previous thread;
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60179

Sadly Crystal the Opal motley female died on the 2nd Jan, as posted in another thread, but Bailey my male Butter motley has been doing really well.

After his regurge he went on to eat and digest 6 meals, 4 pink heads and 2 pinky butts. Then he was fed his 7th post regurge meal on the 12th January, another pink butt, which he decided to regurge overnight!!!

Now this was no bigger than the previous butt, if anything it was a little smaller, and all his tank conditions are the same with no handling etc, but now we are back to square one again and starting the regurge protocol from the beginning. I'm going to my rep shop tomorrow to see if they have any nutri-bac or similar to try with him.

Another thing that is worrying is the fact that I got Bailey on 17th November, he first regurged on the 30th November after two successful meals and in all this time he has not shed :shrugs: I don't know if this is because of the extra small meals and he's just not grown enough to shed yet, or if it's the underlying problem for the regurges :shrugs:

Anyway, wish me luck and thanks for reading!

diamondlil
01-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear that, Susie. If getting Nutribac is a problem, most healthfood shops should have grapefruit seed extract, which might help.

Susielea
01-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey thanks Janine, that was going to be my second choice.

Didn't think you'd be up this late, or are you working?

diamondlil
01-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Went to bed, but the devils started pinching my leg, so I'm having a hot chocolate and Diclofenac!

Susielea
01-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah, I hate it when the devils visit......lol

I'm on Naproxen and co-codamol at the moment, nice mixture!......not!

diamondlil
01-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh, I'll PM so I don't clog your thread:)

Susielea
01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Ok, no probs!

Susielea
01-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Sadly little Bailey passed away this afternoon! :cry:

I fed him a quarter pink on the 24th, which was 11 days after the second regurge. I thought he was doing ok but when I checked on him this morning, he showed little reaction to my opening his tub and changing his water, he was laying stretched out along the side in the open.

I peeked in at him again about 2pm and his eyes had glazed over and his belly was turning a blackish green colour. I opened the tub to a horrible stench and just knew he was gone. :cry:

I have no idea why this happened. All I can assume is that he was too weak to recover from the regurges and may even have had something systemically wrong in the first place. He was an imported hatchling so it may even have been the stress of the jouney that started it all off.

Anyway, thanks for following the mini saga and all the support you guys gave me!

Best wishes and THE END!

ghosthousecorns
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm so sorry... I hate seeing threads like this one. :cry:

Tula_Montage
01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I would be concered about this. Perhaps you should get a necropsy done? If in doubt, rule it out eh... could be a parasite or disease or anything.

Were these hatchlings quarantined from your other snakes? I know hatchlings die of chronic regurging all the time, but the rate your two went down is a little unusual. Chronic regurging is a symptom of crypto... I don't mean to scare you but I would be investigating this if they were my snakes.

diamondlil
01-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear that, Susie.

Susielea
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Elle, yes they were completely quarentined from the rest of my collection and each other, in different rooms. I'm also a bit over the top with hygeine when dealing with new additions.

I've got him in a tub in the fridge as I was thinking of a vet visit and was told not to freeze but saying that their fecals came back clear when I first got them so I don't know?

The Opal mot girl only regurged the once, the day before she shed and I put it down to that.

My Butter mot boy had two feeds, then regurged, then had 6 tiny feeds and regurged the 7th, he was then fed Thursday just gone and passed away today so I don't know, I'll decide tomorrow but thankyou for your concern!

I'm just sorry it wasn't better news!

MerlinsPop
01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Susie - such terrible news. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this with two babies.