PDA

View Full Version : Two sheds in two weeks?

Two sheds in two weeks?

sscsgem
01-18-2008, 11:15 PM
My Goldust girl just shed tonight. Everything looks good and the shed was complete. But she shed on 1-4-08 as well. She is a slow grower and hasn't recently had a growth spurt. Her 1-4-08 shed was broken in a few places, and though I couldn't find any left over on her scales I put in a humid hide for a week just in case. Is shedding this close together normal/heard of? Thanks!

Susielea
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I've had sheds nearly that close together, but that was a little one having a growth spurt after upping the prey size.

Is there a possibility that a little bit of the previous shed was left on? As that would be another reason for a quick shed cycle, as the snake would want to be rid of it.

I wouldn't worry too much but just keep an eye her cycles. She will probably settle into a more normal pattern now she's had a good shed.

Good luck and best wishes,

jamay
01-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd say the frequent shedding is nothing to worry about. Several of mine have shed this often. Jinta shed the first time for me on 10-12-07, then again on 10-27-07. They have become more spread out since then with the following: 11/16/07 and 12/16/07. My other two corns have been consistently shedding every 16-20 days.

mele2511
01-21-2008, 05:57 AM
Personally iw ould just keep a close eye on that. Even tho shedding is healthy, when they shed that often it usually meens that have a problem. If it has only done it 2 times i wouldent worry. If i keeps happening, there maybe something wrong.