PDA

View Full Version : emergency ,,help please,,,orange poop

emergency ,,help please,,,orange poop

Wa$ted
06-04-2003, 06:06 PM
i aquired a new corn snake from the shop,,,they said the person who bought it from them messed it up,,,,its so tired,,scales are *$%#ed up

it doesnt eat,,,it used to,,,and now its so tired ,,,,as i held it ,,it pooped orange poop,,,

and after that it took it a while to close its "anus" .

looks very tired,,,im gonna buy some pinkies tommorow and im gonna force feed it. its 1 year and half

thanks in advance for your info,,,

can anyone tell me whats the orange poop

and any suggestions

Canadain Eh?
06-04-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm not an expert but I do think it is an internal problem and something is wrong with the stomache

Wa$ted
06-04-2003, 07:47 PM
i think you're right,,what can i do?

bmm
06-04-2003, 08:02 PM
The only thing you can do is go to the vet.

The minute you got this snake you really should have taken it to the vet. Any animal that was from any shop, or "messed up" or "rescued" needs a vet visit right after you aquire it.

bmm

13mur 6
06-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Orange in what way? You sure it wasn't pink or reddish? It might be blood.

Either that or it could be a serious bacteria overload.

Also, don't force feed until it's necessary, it's can kill the snake by introducing more stress. Fix things one at a time, so, if it's got orange poo, fix that first, since he'll need his digestive system running properly in order for him to make use of what food you give him. If you don't that food will only cause more trouble, especially if it's some parasitic problem, because it energizes the parasites and puts stress on the snake.

Good luck, I hope you save the lil guy, I had my sick guy since December (rescued from a petland discounts), and only now is he starting to slightly improve (I can still see his back bone sticking out, but he's eating voraciously, feeding response is good, takes him about 2 days to digest and poo, and it took $400 in vet bills to get this far).

-13mur 6

Rachel
06-20-2003, 10:08 AM
Another thought (if the vet said things were ok internally), the orange 'poop' could have been musk. My snakes have 'musked' on me and behaved in the exact way you mention...taking quite a while to close up, so to speak! Just a thought....