PDA

View Full Version : please, corn snake help

please, corn snake help

lanceneoman
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
i have had my snake about 2months now she is about 3months old. we pick her up etc and she is usually fine but just my girlfriend was rubbing her finger on the glass and she fled for the finger. and then she did it again and again she did the same. dont want to put hand in, incase she bite me. she hasnt shed yet either i dont know how often she sheds but her eyes arent milky or anything yet. she has water etc

djfreebase
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Your snake is still very young, probley has'nt settled in yet and is still frightened of that big scary hand. Just give her time and she will settle down. Getting bit by a small corn wont even break the skin, so its nothing to worry about.

v_various
01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
yup, I've been bitten by snakes twice the size of a 3 month old and they couldn't break the skin. It's nothing to worry about - except that it's quite startling.

If you're really worried, standard advice here is to put on some gardening gloves until you've got your confidence back. But I really doubt she'll bite you at all.

mele2511
01-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Chances are it will be because the snake thinks your fingure is food. They are do this when they are small but they will grow out of it.

Also dont be scared of it biting you because REALLY it does not hurt and you probobly wont even feel it.