PDA

View Full Version : sensory overload?

sensory overload?

akai06
01-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Since snakes dont have ears but hear/sense through detecting vibrations, is it possible to overstimulate them? How much vibration would be too much? I have a computer and speakers (w/ subwoofer) in the same room. Too much? She tends to come out when we're playing music, sometimes very interested in what we are doing and at other times just roaming around looking for a way out. Any ideas??

DogStar5988
01-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Well I would try feeling the viv when your playing music to see if you can feel the vibrations yourself. If you can then it might be a little stressful for your snake, but I guess I can't really be sure. I'd just try to use your best judgement, or try to keep the music from getting too loud. ;)

---Kenny

Nanci
01-27-2008, 07:46 AM
My Choco comes out when the TV gets turned on, or when the robot vacuum is running. No one else does. So my theory is, if she hears that, and associates it with me, and comes out, that means she wants me to take her out.

Checkerbelly
01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Stick your head in the snakes tank and listen to the base. I bet it's pretty loud. You know how it is, with a hollow box, sound waves, etc...

Maybe the snake is looking for somewhere quiet to go.

Cornsnake124
01-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree with nancy. It may link the vibrations with you, and wants to be held.