PDA

View Full Version : first time constrictor

first time constrictor

snakes88
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
is it normal for a snake that has never constricted before in the 2 years i've had her to constrict on this feeding? i put her in the feeding box for 15min. thawed the mouse. dropped it in and immeadiatly. BAM. she nailed and constricted, Am i not feeder her enough?, following the munson plan, her 3rd weanling. :confused:

tricksterpup
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
is it normal for a snake that has never constricted before in the 2 years i've had her to constrict on this feeding? i put her in the feeding box for 15min. thawed the mouse. dropped it in and immeadiatly. BAM. she nailed and constricted, Am i not feeder her enough?, following the munson plan, her 3rd weanling. :confused:

Heck, last night I had a wee corn grab ahold of my finger and wrapped around it, this snake has never done anything like it. It was amusing. IT happens, its normal, don't worry about it. If you are following the plan you are doing good.

snakes88
01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
thanks for the reply, btw..she kept it down fine.

starsevol
01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
The way I see it, if they eat it's all good :)

MerlinsPop
01-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Maybe the quick movement of you dropping it in was just right to trigger a full-blown response.

I have a little anery motley who cracks me up almost every feeding. Last night, he struck his pink and threw coils all over the place. When he was done the pink was about 4 inches away from his balled-up self. He slid over and butt-munched. The pink's head was just a bit bigger than he's used to (especially going the wrong direction) and for a few seconds he was facing directly at me and it looked for all the world like the pink was wearing a snake face hat.

mele2511
01-30-2008, 07:41 AM
I have noticed they just start constricting quite random. I have had babys do it from 3rd feed but then again i have had adults who did it all there lives,but one day just stop doing it.

draco_0420
02-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah, my amel corn Draco squeezed the crap out of a mouse last feeding. First time he's done that, but he kept it down and has been pretty much normal. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Susielea
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Why didn't you have the camera out and take a picture then Bruce, I sure would have liked to see your little anery with it's snake face hat...lol

Remember the camera next time!

Best wishes,

Delightedly
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Maybe the quick movement of you dropping it in was just right to trigger a full-blown response.

I have a little anery motley who cracks me up almost every feeding. Last night, he struck his pink and threw coils all over the place. When he was done the pink was about 4 inches away from his balled-up self. He slid over and butt-munched. The pink's head was just a bit bigger than he's used to (especially going the wrong direction) and for a few seconds he was facing directly at me and it looked for all the world like the pink was wearing a snake face hat.
Laughing out loud, there. IN CLASS.
eep!

tradernick
02-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Lol snake face hat. That sounds like a kodak moment, for sure. My Mouser once struck violently and suddenly at a pinkie...from a distance of about 4-6 inches away...not the usual stealthy sniffing approach. Guess he was just in a weird mood that day...it's not happened since and he's not yet tried to constrict but I'm sure it'll happen someday.
Nick

idontknow
02-27-2008, 01:57 AM
well i feed my corn live and f/t. and i notice out of the 4 the ones that never constricted was the problem feeder. one of the 2 brother ambers fed on and off but the other never ate i had to force feed. but my normal and my norm het blood man the strike and wrap! and they never hesitate for the second mouse. but now both ambers strike and constrict, and eat like monsters.