PDA

View Full Version : question?

question?

mpharris1989
01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
i got my new baby corn last friday (Jan. 25), i have made no attempt of bothering him at all. I do check twice a day to make sure where he is and to make sure he didn't excape. Ever since i put him, he has stayed in his warm hide (86) and slept. Maybe he moves at night, but i haven't seen it yet. But anyway, i am planning on feeding him tomorrow for the first time (he has eaten before from the petstore). I was just wondering if it would be alright to feed him yet since its been about 5 days of settling even though he still seems kind of shy?

ShroomieGirl
01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Im not an expert, but I would say wait one more day, and then make an attempt. If he is shy, cover the container youre feeding him in and leave him alone. Check back in an hr or 2. If he hasnt eaten yet, give him a while longer. If he has- yay! go ahead and out him back into his viv

Rich in KY
01-29-2008, 11:37 PM
It wouldn't hurt to wait another day. But I can't see any reason that you should. Five days is plenty of time for him to adjust. I think ShroomieGirl gave good advice on how to feed him. Just make sure he is secure and can't get out if you leave him alone for any amount of time.

mpharris1989
01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
ya, thats what i was thinking since ive already waited 5 days

i also forgot to mention that i covered half of the tank with a small towell to make him feel more secure

Rich in KY
01-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Sounds good.

Good luck feeding him tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 12:21 AM
trust me i will :)

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
hey, i actually just checked on him again (since i'm getting ready for bed) and it almost looks as if his skin towards his tail is going into blue.

do you guys think that that could be what is making him so lethargic?

Rich in KY
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
That is very possible.

Make sure he has plenty of clean water until he sheds. Or use a humid hide or mist him so he sheds easier.

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 12:49 AM
ya, i don't have anything to spray/mist him with at the time, but i'll dampin his hide a bit

thanks

mele2511
01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
If you go to a pet shop you can get some moss to put in. If not go to a garden centre and get a spray bottle.

Appart from that it sounds like you have covered all the bases.

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 10:12 AM
actually, i do have some extra moss left over from when i had my packman frog a few years ago

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
alright great news!! :)

He ate for me tonight!
i put the pinky in his bowl and once he caught the smell of it he found it. After that a few seconds to check out his meal and then he latched on!
he even constricted a little :)

Roy Munson
01-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm glad he ate for you. :)

A snake's tail doesn't go into blue before the rest of the body. The whole body goes dull, then "blue", then clears-- not just a part. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like he may still have unshed skin from his last shed on his tail. Since he just ate, you'll need to wait a few days before messing with him, but you're going to need to remove that skin (if I'm seeing things correctly). You can leave him in a small tub of moist moss or paper towels overnight, and if it doesn't come off itself, you may have to work at it with a damp paper towel.

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm glad he ate for you. :)

A snake's tail doesn't go into blue before the rest of the body. The whole body goes dull, then "blue", then clears-- not just a part. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like he may still have unshed skin from his last shed on his tail. Since he just ate, you'll need to wait a few days before messing with him, but you're going to need to remove that skin (if I'm seeing things correctly). You can leave him in a small tub of moist moss or paper towels overnight, and if it doesn't come off itself, you may have to work at it with a damp paper towel.

ya, that picture is wierd lol
there's no old skin there :)
all i hope is that he doesn't get sick and vomit (knock on wood)
and hes been on the cold side since

mpharris1989
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
nevermind, he moved lol

now time for rest :)