PDA

View Full Version : Can corn snakes be bored?

Can corn snakes be bored?

RequiemDreamer30
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
My corn snake, Gerard, is a yearling snow. He's beautiful. Anyhow, he has a forty gallon tank, and a log, and another type thing for him to crawl through, and a branch type thing for him to climb on. He constantly is burrowing, and he is making path arounds his tank. He also just sometimes lays on the side of his tank next to my bed. He seems, I dunno, bored or something? I have time to get him out sometimes, but when I do he majorly fidgety and likes to get away, and I can understand him wanting to "explore" some, but if i pet him go around my next, he crawls down my back and slides off and I have to catch him, even if I'm sitting down.

Is there anything I can do to make his life a little, less boring? And, am I doing something wrong that makes him fidgety? I don't think there's an enviromental problem, he's a very good eater and eats what I give him, and never refuses it, so I'm just wondering. Thanks!

v_various
02-01-2008, 12:07 PM
*whacks fingers*
don't graft emotions or personalities on your snakes!
(funny coming from me, eh?)

If your snake eats fine, he isn't stressed. In fact, you're lucky you have one that is active while you're about, a good amount of corns hide all day *yes, I'm looking at you, Amel Boy*

I don't think snakes can be bored, what would he be doing differently in the wild, besides fleeing for his life from various predators? Take him out once in a while, enjoy watching him, he sounds like a good snake.

RequiemDreamer30
02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks!
I was just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong
:]