PDA

View Full Version : Mouth problem?

Mouth problem?

Keiro
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
So anyway, lately, my snake appears to have swelling on his mouth. It is on the sides of his mouth, on the upper lip. Firstly, he is still acting normal, hasn't refused a meal yet (It's been this way for about 15 days.), and still drinks. The temperatures are right, about 83 degrees average. Also, the swelling is, well, just swelling. There's no discoloration or pus. The inside of his mouth seems fine as well. I havn't got him checked out on the first appearance because it wasn't bothering him, and, I doubt my parents will want to pay money for a vet.

My question is, should I be worried? (I would have a picture if I had a camera.)

Rich in KY
02-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I would give it a little more time. But if the swelling doesn't go away, a trip to the vet will be recommended.

MegF.
02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It's possible that your snake is getting ready to shed and it's head is swelling. It's a fairly common phenomina. I would keep an eye on the snake, but as long as it's eating and acting normally, I wouldn't worry.

Keiro
02-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Alright, thanks for the replies.

snakewispera snr
02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
What substrate is it on?
And 15 days is quite a long time.
MIKE

MegF.
02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I've seen head swelling for as long as several weeks before shed on some of my adults.