PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours after feeding Bubba ?

24 hours after feeding Bubba ?

Red-Scorpion
02-02-2008, 02:23 PM
24 hours after feeding Bubba I went to check on "the bulge" I don't even know if I saw one. I think I may have but I could determine if he wa just wider in that area, if it was because of the way he was bent, or if it was from food.

Should "the bulge" be obvious?
And should I feed him 2 pinkies next time since that is what I bought him?

Thanx,
Dave

K'Bear
02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
After 24 hours the budge may not e noticable just check the tank to make sure the snake did not regurgatate his food.

Red-Scorpion
02-02-2008, 02:38 PM
After 24 hours the budge may not e noticable just check the tank to make sure the snake did not regurgatate his food.

oh i thought you were supposed to wait 24 hours and then check it to determine if he's eating the right sized mice.

K'Bear
02-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't no my snake is still a baby so just eats pinky's. I haven't got that far yet :P

MerlinsPop
02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
oh i thought you were supposed to wait 24 hours and then check it to determine if he's eating the right sized mice.
How old is your snake? More importantly, how much does it weigh, if you have a smale scale handy?

At 24 hours, the bulk of the mouse could still be in the stomach, just mushed down by the action of the digestive juices, so it is harder to detect.

A better way to determine if it's time to bump up the volume of meals is by following the Munson Plan (search this site, you'll find it) but that is based on the snakes weight, so you'll need that gram scale.