PDA

View Full Version : My guy has ben going downhill

My guy has ben going downhill

aztek
02-02-2008, 10:42 PM
It's been longer then usual for a shed, and now he does not seem to want to eat...:shrugs:

Msskellington
02-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry, but posts like these need more information.

Are you needing advice?

If so, what do you need to know?

Love to help if you need, just let me know what it is that you need...

Ashley

Wylie
02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Well I wouldn't say he's going downhill just yet. Perhaps he is about to go blue and that is why he is not interested in eating. Could be a number of things though, it would help to have more specific info about your snake and his usual shedding and feeding habits.

aztek
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
He regurged once and since, and he ate twice after that.

Everytime it took longer and longer for him to eat the pinky/fuzzy.

usually eats every 5 days but did not want to after 8

Susan
02-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Have you tried all the tricks to get a non-feeder to eat? I've had many a hatchling switch preferences for awhile before getting back on regular F/T. The regurge and the next couple of meals (if his stomach was still upset and eating didn't make him feel good - "theory") may have put him off eating F/T so tempting him with something extra yummy and different may get him back on track. Triple check the temps and viv set-up, maybe move him temporarily to newspaper/paper towel substrate if he's on something else (just so it's easier for you to see things like poops and possible regurges as well as avoid any ingestion of substrate) and minimize stress until he's better. I wish you luck!

snakewispera snr
02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
So it hasn't ate for eight days? Is that correct?
If so that isn't a long time, especially at this time of year.
MIKE

aztek
02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
It's not the number of days that has me troubled. Is the fact that he has never refused a meal and now he does.

At first I thought he was going to shed...

snakewispera snr
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
This won't be the last time you see him go off his food. It's quite natural.
Just keep an eye on his weight
MIKE

aztek
02-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Okay, thanks.
Randomness or is there a reason?

Like BP's in the winter...

Msskellington
02-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I could be completely random, or it could be because of the winter...
My guys are eating champs....never turn down a meal.....
BUT
I have read that if snakes can tell that the seasons are changing, or sometimes even if they can't, they will still try to semi-hibernate(brumate? i think hibernate is for mammals...its early and my head hurts)

anyway....and either one, that does include less activity and sometimes not wanting to eat.....
as long as everything else seems on the up and up then it should be fine until it doesn't eat for like a month or so.just keep trying every week or so, and let us know when it eats......