PDA

View Full Version : Insane Rubbing

Insane Rubbing

chuck1289
02-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I think my snake is now shedding at this very minute.She is rubbing her face and nose all over everything she can find!!!!I hope this is normal i have never seen a snake shed before !!

Shorty6
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Totally normal, nothing to worry about. Your snake it just trying to get its shed started.

You should see the skin from his face start to come off soon. Make sure he has not retained his eye caps though. After he is done shedding, take the shed out and you should see the eye caps.

chuck1289
02-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Will do !! This should be cool.

Metal_luke666
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes, check to make sure the eye caps have shed and also the tail tip. If they havn't fully been removed they can cause blindness, or loss of the tail.

If the eye caps havn't naturally been shed after 2 days you should remove them manually. You may need some assistance with a vet doing this. If they are not removed within two days they tend to go more glue like and will stick to the eyes. Hopefully it wont come to that. I have only had to do that once and that was with ball python.

alan
02-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Will do !! This should be cool.

Nice! I'm a bit jealous. I've had my snake for over 3 years, never seen her in the process. She always sheds at night, except twice when I was at work.