PDA

View Full Version : Cutting..

Cutting..

Pet Corn Snake
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Just wondering.. I have some pretty big mice that are too big for Damien, I cut one in half and thats lasted two whole weeks.. Just wondering if this is an okay thing to do? It's abit smelly but I dont mind..

Metal_luke666
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
i'm not entirey sure. but i wouldn't have thought it was too great an idea. the mouse can get bacteria and germs easier like that.
And also seen as snakes cant chew, that dont eat half animals in the wild. have to eat them whole.

Pet Corn Snake
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Thank you, It's only for a short while until I get smaller mice, however Ill look into getting smaller mice sooner :)

Thankee, George.

ghosthousecorns
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't know, I've cut pinkies in half for my little runts. If it's getting smelly I'd toss it though...

Nanci
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
George, do you cut it while frozen and only use one half? Can't see anything wrong with that, except it's messy after thawing.

Pet Corn Snake
02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this thread lol..

Yea I cut them in half while they are frozen, its really messy at feeding time and at thawing time, but the smell of blood gets Damien striking at it within about 2 seconds lol : )

jazzgeek
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Thank God we're talking about rodents.

I thought this was going to be an Emo thread...... ;)

regards,
jazz

mike17l
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
No problem with cuttin them in half, I do it all the time when feeding lizards to alterna. Just make sure you cut it while it is frozen, its much easier that way.

This is a good technique to use when you have a smaller snake that is getting fat. Instead of feeding a whole (fat) crawler, you can feed half a (leaner) small mouse.

Pet Corn Snake
02-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Thank God we're talking about rodents.

I thought this was going to be an Emo thread...... ;)

regards,
jazz

Lol...:shrugs:

Thanks mike =)