PDA

View Full Version : feeding help

feeding help

elmo1990
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
a little help please. ok first you should know yesterday night i took my snake out of his plastic tub and put him in a viv. he escaped i found him curled up behind the viv but he was quite cool(my room gets quite cool at night) i caught him and put him back in solitary confinement(the plastic tub). but ive just gone to feed him and he want take it. ive cut the pinky and he still wont take it. also something else you should know i got him last monday and he got fed that monday night. i left him an extra day so i had an extra day of handling because hes at my mums and im mainly at my dads. any ideas on what i should do to get him to eat the pinky? its still in the tub with him now.

bitsy
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I expect his little escape adventure has scared him a bit. I'd put him back in his usual home and leave him alone for three days while he calms down, then try feeding him again after that.

elmo1990
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I expect his little escape adventure has scared him a bit. I'd put him back in his usual home and leave him alone for three days while he calms down, then try feeding him again after that.

thanks alot ill do that now.

Susielea
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM

I totally agree! Spot on as usual bitsy!

MerlinsPop
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Make sure you've figured out why/how he escaped from the viv before you put him back in there.

elmo1990
02-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Make sure you've figured out why/how he escaped from the viv before you put him back in there.

i have no clue how he escaped ive looked the viv up and down and cant find a gap big enough anywhere. but it doesnt matter for now. hes in solitary confinement until hes too big to escape.

elmo1990
02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
another thing thats just come to mind. after i feed him on friday should i keep feeding him on fridays or go back to the normal day?