PDA

View Full Version : Cute Pacman frogs - green and albino!

Cute Pacman frogs - green and albino!

kathylove
02-08-2008, 03:25 PM
These little guys are the cutest things - and easy to care for! They were locally produced and are still small, but growing fast. But they are big enough to eat pinkie mice, insects, other frogs - just about anything smaller than themselves!

The albinos are $29 each and the greens are $25 each, plus shipping. They can be shipped FedEx as corns are (and in the same box with corns). Or they can be shipped Express Mail. I have never shipped animals Express Mail, only FedEx, so would have to look into that option if preferred.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/cornutopia/Albino20horned20frog20pair.jpg
Albino Pacman (horned) frogs $29 each

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/cornutopia/Normal20horned20frog20pair.jpg
Green Pacman (horned) frogs $25 each

snakewispera snr
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Yo hypnotoad.......... I love these guys...
Having seen most things feed these have the most aggressive feeding response of anything... Real animals.. We'll post a pic of Lewis one day..he's like a football.(thats soccer ball not the weird shaped thing you guys stateside call football...LOL)
Great amphs to own everyone should have one.. I like the green ones as well...LOL
MIKE

SnakesRule1234
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Cool! I wish the albinos didn't have red eyes though, freak me out.
Is shipping just as much as for snakes (about $50)?

SNAKEWISPERA
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=byB2NzZZjpk&feature=related

snakewispera snr
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
See, the eyes have it....
MIKE

kathylove
02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
If you use FedEx, it will be $48 just like the snakes (although you could add up to 4 snakes or frogs in the box for the same price). But Express Mail may be around half that much. I have to talk to the people at the post office to see just how much, and to determine how safe I think it is.

Jessicat
02-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Nice, I like the green ones that have color to them. I saw a few at a show awhile back but the seller was asking $80. They were green and looked similar to the ones you have for sale, maybe a bit more purple?

Hrm.. maybe it's time to put one of my empty tanks to use! What's the basic care for these guys?

kathylove
02-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I have found them to be really easy to care for. Here is a care sheet from the W.N.Y. Herp Society.
http://www.wnyherp.org/care-sheets/amphibians/pac-man-frog.php

The only thing I do differently (as did the breeder of these frogs) is that we don't keep water in with them all the time, but soak them in a shallow bowl for a few hours a couple of times per week. Or you could put the shallow bowl in the cage and let it go dry, then clean and fill it a few days later. If you decide to leave it in all the time, it needs to be changed every day or two.The breeder keeps them in Carefresh bedding, and I keep them in cypress mulch.

As they mature, they become extremely hardy and don't need water as often. We once had an adult that escaped (the cage door was left open) and wasn't found for a couple of weeks. It had encased itself in a semi-hard "shell" to avoid drying out, just as they do in the dry season in the wild. When we put it in water, the shell softened and it started removing it with its feet, puffed up with water, and became an "instant frog - just add water", lol!

alan
02-09-2008, 11:56 AM
It had encased itself in a semi-hard "shell" to avoid drying out, just as they do in the dry season in the wild. When we put it in water, the shell softened and it started removing it with its feet, puffed up with water, and became an "instant frog - just add water", lol!

Thanks for that, Kathy. That's kinda fascinating me. I'm never at a loss for "things to research" when reading the posts on this site.

omni
02-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I read that care sheet referenced above, they get up to 9"?? geez that's a big frog. I see them in the pet stores, 2-4". The bigger ones kinda looked like Jabba the Hut. They are very round and cute! Morbid thought- feeding by hand, it gets your finger and holds on while you jerk away, flinging it...

Could they be conditioned to eat F/T or prekilled prey, or must it be live?

kathylove
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
We kept a couple of adults many years ago when we had a traveling exhibit (although we never bred them - these came from a local friend). Once they are large, (or even medium size) they are FEARLESS! I have heard that they will bite the nose of a grazing cow in the wild, if it gets too close and threatens to crush the frog. They will take a f/t mouse (or anything else) right from your hand. A couple of times I got my fingers too close, and into the gaping mouth they went! It felt more like a bony (cartilage) ridge, not real teeth. I don't think one ever drew blood, but I suppose it is possible.

I think Jabba would be a perfect name for one!

dennis12345
06-10-2008, 07:04 PM
hay ive been looking for a albino, do you still have any and what does it cost to ship it to london ohio 43140?

Voodoo
06-10-2008, 08:11 PM
awesome frogs, Kathy! I saw them on your site. Too bad I'm broke! :(

TandJ
06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Kathy.. Did these come from Phillip V..??? I enjoy my fatty, I guess he has grown enough he has now started to making a mating call.. So for the hijack, but these are certainly one of the easier critters for me to care for at T and J's..

OT.. they certainly look a lot nicer than what we see in the stores..

Random8A
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Are there any more available?

kathylove
06-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I bought them from Mark and Kim Bell. Although I have sold the babies I had, I am considering buying a few more. They were SO CUTE! And grew SO FAST! They were really fun to have around.

Random8A
06-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Awesome, they are cute little guys aren't they? :D

Snakeman89
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Hello! I'm very interested in purchasing an albino or pac man frog. They are extremely hard to find in our area. Do you have any for sale or any suggestions on where to find one. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Frog Fanatic

kathylove
06-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Those were sold already. But I expect to get more from the same friend in about 2 weeks. If you are still interested at that time, drop me an email at kathy@cornutopia.com.

Thanks!

Cat_Eyed_Lady
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I am so glad someone else asked too!! I have been wanting one since you put this up last year LOL Do I e-mail you now or wait a couple weeks?? I really want an albino one! My son has been wanting one for like forever and his b-day is the end of next month... sounds like great timging to me :D (was either a pacman frog or T and I dont do 'bugs' of any kind, unless for feeding to a pet LOL)

kathylove
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Best to remind me in a couple of weeks. I have to make a 2 hour drive (round trip) to pick them up, so hopefully can combine it with something else. Hubby is leaving for ANOTHER trip this weekend, and won't be back for about 9 days, so I know I won't be making the trip before he gets back. Assuming she has them in stock at that time, I should get them a few days after he returns.